Chapter 8.

Elka's P.O.V

I slowly pulled away from Emery. I looked at him awkwardly for a second, and he just looked back at me. "Was that bad?" He was blushing really bad. Even though I'm sure I was as well. "No! That was um, well besides the other night, my first kiss so I don't have much to compare it too, you know I was only asked out once and it was by that really weird guy Marsh-" He cut me off with another kiss. Gosh, this boy! It was amazing, and although I have no other kiss to compare it too, this was probably the best kiss ever. We pulled away again, and this time he kind of laughed. "Listen Elka, me and the others are all going to a party this weekend. They all were gonna invite you, but I thought I should do it. You wanna be my 'date'?" He said as he nudged me jokingly in the arm. "I would love to." "Heh, okay. It's a pool party, over at Mason's house." Mason was a good friend of Ricky's when they were little. I guess he just kinda grew on the rest of us. "Well, I got to go Elk, my mom wants to take us out to eat tonight. I'll catch you later." He pecked me on the cheek and ran out the door. Wow, I like that boy. I like him a LOT.

Emery's P.O.V

I got redressed into more formal clothes. My aunt and uncle were in town and wanted us to all go out to eat. Did I mention besides the fact they live in Florida in a mansion without any kids, they are total SNOBS! Whenever they come to stay with us they always take us out to eat at a really fancy restaurant and make us dress like we just popped out of Downton Abbey. I looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing this boring black suit with a tie. For them, bowties were 'improper'. I, personally, thought I looked absolutely ridiculous. I wasn't going to wear this all night. I took off the disgusting suit and changes into a pair of black jeans and a t-shirt and a little black jacket. I threw on my fedora, slipped on my vans and walked out the door to the car where everyone was waiting.

"Emery! Why didn't you wear the suit I laid out for you! Your Aunt is going to flip! Not to mention Uncle Martin, he bought the darn thing!" I sat in the back seat next to my sister as my mom complained the whole way there about what I was wearing. I just ignored her until finally, we got to Antoinette's. We walked in to meet Uncle Martin and Aunt Kelly at our table. As we approached, I saw a look of disappointment in their faces. "Hello young Emery, how are you today?" I looked down and smiled, then looked back up. "Fine, just dandy thank you for asking. Sorry I'm not in the proper attire to meet you two, but I have no excuse I just don't like the suit." I was pretty proud. I didn't want to make them feel bad, but I really, really hated that suit.

As the night went on we ate and everyone else spoke about the boring things going on in their lives. "So Emery, I understand you're into music?" My aunt obviously trying to start conversation. "Huh? Oh yeah. I like music." After that I didn't say anything for another, oh, 25 minutes. "So Emery, you got a girlfriend?" My uncle, trying to make me like him more. "Uh, well, kind of. She's a friend, and she's nice, she's also a girl-" I laughed but was but off by my rude aunt again, making another rude remark. "Young Emery, your uncle asked you a simple question. You didn't answer correctly. Apologize." She couldn't be serious. "Oh, I'm sorry." "You also didn't exactly dress in, proper attire. Apologize for dissing the outfit purchased by my sweet husband and also for not wearing it out tonight. I let out a heavy sigh. "I'm sorry. And, I'm sorry again." The rest of the night was a blur. I blocked out everything but the food. I hoped it would be over. All I could think about was sweet Elka, the most beautiful girl in the world. I couldn't wait for the party, and I couldn't wait to be with Elka again. I like her. I like her a LOT.

|||

|I'm so sorry I didn't update! Please Forgive me:))|