I don't know who loves me and I don't care

"Sorry I’m an anti-romantic I don’t trust it anymore. Romantic. That my heart will all burn away, and only black soot will be left, I’m afraid..." Anti-Romantic by TXT

You were surprised Mackenzie didn't start to bitch about you not telling her about Hope being your roommate until a few days after you landed in France.

She seemed to know that the two of you were on borrowed time until you absolutely had to be with the team and she was using it to her advantage, which for the most part you were okay with.

Because you were unmated, you were supposed to fly on the team plane with the other unmated girls and the girls whose mates were also on the team. Mackenzie had just about sold her soul to the devil for you to be able to fly ahead with her.

But on your last night together it seemed she couldn't hold out any longer. You were leaning on her shoulder, scrolling through Instagram absentmindedly. You weren't quite sure what she was occupying herself with. That is until she asked you that question.

"Why didn't you tell me you were rooming with Hope?"

"Didn't think it was that big of deal..." You were lying like no one's business.

"You didn't think rooming with your unmated alpha ex was a big deal."

You shrugged, "Nope. Didn't want you to get all up in arms about it either. Like you're doing right now."

"Y/N. What if something happened?"

You shift to your owm side of the bed.

"Nothing did. So why worry about the what ifs, Mac? I'm not with her I'm with you. You have got to get over it. I am." You hoped desperately she missed the quiver in that last part.

"You heard what she said back there. She just about ruined you. I don't want her to get into your head again." Mackenzie was looking into your eyes sincerely, but all you could see was the bubbling jealousy and desire to win underneath.

"Do you trust me?" You asked with a hint of hurt in your heart. You knew the answer. You knew it for a while now. Your relationship with Mackenzie was coming to an end, but you were nothing if not stubborn. Desperate to grab onto something. Anything. Everything to keep you from doing what you really wanted to do.

Mackenzie's answer told you everything you needed to know. In the same way your question told her everything she needed to.

"Do you trust me?"

It wasn't even an answer in the traditional sense, and yet, boy did it open your eyes.

Both of your true answers were 'No'. Plain and simple.

There was something in her eyes that you grabbed onto. That desperation again. It powered you right into her arms. Your lips smashing against hers in a kiss so forceful it took most of Mackenzie's strength to keep from falling off the bed.

She seemed to get it. Though, she could never read your mind. Hope could.

Mackenzie practically ripped your shirt off, her own sailing through the air right after it.

Hope normally held a bit more tact in the sex department, even in her more primal states.

Mackenzie sucked at your neck like a vampire. Both her and Hope knew that always got your heart racing.