tell each other you're the 1

"What a time to be alive. Forever is in your eyes. But forever aint half the time I want to spend with you."- What A Heavenly Way to Die by Troye Sivan

"Hope. Can I ask you a question?"

She looked over her reading glasses at you, the book in her hand slowly lowering. An annoying smirk ghosting over her lips.

"You just did."

You rolled your eyes. You knocked the book out of her hands and sat heavily on her lap.

She huffed, "Ok. I'm sorry."

"Good. Now. Can I ask you a question?"

You wiggled around to make yourself comfortable. Hope huffed again.

"Yes. If you stop moving." She said through gritted teeth.

"Awe. Is someone horny? Can't take a bit of wiggling. I thought you had more control than that, Alpha." You moved again just to be cheeky.

"Either you ask me the question or we fuc-"

"What did you do when we weren't together?"

"Uh a lot of me and my hand."

"No. I mean...like how did you feel? Did you date anyone?" Did you feel just as miserable as I did? Went unsaid. But Hope is your soulmate. She knows what you mean even when she thinks it's funny to pretend she doesn't.

"Well, I think the fact that I just admitted to spending a lot of one on one time with my hand answers that second question. As for the first, I don't remember feeling much of anything. I didn't feel great. I don't think I let myself feel anything because I didn't deserve it. I broke your heart, I didn't deserve to feel bad."

You rested your head on her shoulder, "Do you still feel that way?"

"With you sitting on my lap? Hell no."

"I was miserable. And I didn't realize it until it was too late."

"And yet, you still fucked her in front of me." You slapped her hand away from attempting to poke you in your stomach.

"You should've knocked!"

Hope sighed a long festering sigh, "Tell me about it."

"If it makes you feel any better, I was thinking about you."

Hope hummed, "No. I don't think it does make me feel better. But, that's neither here nor there. I'm clearly the superior one at sex, because you came back."

You rolled your eyes even harder. You could hear the conviction in her voice so there was no use attempting to deflate her ego back to a normal size.

"Whatever."

"Ha! You aren't denying it!"

You threw your leg over her lap so you were facing her. You smirked at the subsequent groan she let out as you settled.

"No need." You whispered into her ear, nipping at the lobe.

Then you stood up and promptly walked away.