Chapter Thirty-One | Summoning

Theron watched Tally leave the room in a rush. Her heart beating furiously, the trail of fear and something else left behind. As much as he wanted to drop the cards and chase her, he needed to take every cent from Mike. The phone call he had made earlier was to ask for a bigger tab and all that had helped was sink Mike into even more debt, just as he originally planned. It wasn't too long before Mike showed his losing hand.

The best way to control someone is through fear and debt.

Mike leaned back in his seat, the stench of sweat with his strong cologne irritating anyone within distance. The dealer shuffled uncomfortably every few minutes that when Theron waved his hand, they without him fully completing the gesture.

"You owe me a lot of money," Theron stated.

"So does the girl," Mike deflected, as if he hadn't tried to make talk Theron into filthy fantasies when Tally left the table. The deadly look that Theron had given had shut him up. One thing that pig was good at, was understanding his position in the food chain.

"You have 24 hours, or I own you."

"W-wait, can't we talk about this." Mike could barely move before security grabbed him. They would escort him out the building. The hushed whispers spread through the room. The sign clear. Mike was blacklisted from every establishment. Now that his business with Mike was concluded, he needed to track a little ghost from his past.

The lure was far to irresistible.

The hotel was unfamiliar and the crowds of sin city made it difficult to track someone on scent alone. It was one of the reasons he usually enjoyed hiding in this city, except when it disadvantaged him. There was a massive chance that he was walking into a trap, but there hadn't been any unpredictable chaos in his life recently, so he would welcome it. It's not like anyone could kill him.

A quick stop at the front desk of the hotel with the card as an invite, Theron could hear the muffled sound of Tally's confirmation to let him up. The lady handed him a room card and he left to the lift before she could say anymore. He had no time for pleasantries when he had a lovely surprise waiting for him.

Unlocking the door, he could hear two heartbeats from within the room with familiar shuffling from Tally. Her heartbeat picked up when he entered the room, gone was the dress and instead she was in a pair of leggings and a hoodie behind a few screens. However, Theron's attention was stolen by the other person, his brother. He shut the door behind him. This could get bloody.

"Theron," greeted Micah, but he made no move towards him. His guard was up, since their last meeting hadn't ended on a pleasant note.

"Oh, if it isn't the living saint, to what do I owe you the pleasure of this meeting." Theron taunted. He knew Micah's fears as best as any sibling could. The blood on his hand tainted him while Theron preferred to revelling in it.

"Maybe I want to see my dear brother."

"You could've simply called, no need to do such an elaborate summoning." He glanced at Tally whose attention was spilt between the brothers and the screens. He had expected a trap, but family reunion was not exactly on the top of the list. Micah had made his choice clearly. He wanted nothing more to do with this situation.

The blood of the Lykos family was far too tainted to run red.

He opened the door but was held up by a huddle. The hurdle came in the form of another brother, Rafael. Fucking great, his night was taking a far sourer turn than he anticipated. The whole time that he had been concentrating on Micah, he had failed to take note of his surroundings. The mere sight of family through him off-balance.

"Move," Theron commanded, knowing that Rafael hated being ordered around.

Rafael growled as predicted, with the only movement of him pushing Theron back into the room. They wanted something and he wasn't sure if he was willing to give it to them. There was nothing more they could take from him. He had nothing but his decaying soul to his name.

Rafael closed the door behind him, attempting to intimidate Theron. Theron was actually taller than Rafael and found himself laughing at his older brother's intimidation. Wasn't he the same person who had taught him intimidation?

They may not have been in contact for decades, however it seemed not much had changed. Not much that he could notice.

Theron walked to the skyline windows, "We are only on the third floor, what is stopping me from jumping out the window to get away from you?"

"You never like running away," Micah replied. Rafael continued to glare from the door. It was obvious that Micah had taken the reigns from him in regard to family issues.

"True, but I'm thinking of making an exception," Theron threatened with one hand pressed against the window.

Micah and Rafael traded looked. The whole exchange made him nostalgic of a connection he used to have with his sister. The loneliness wedged in throat was difficult to swallow. They had each other but he had no one. His existence was just something he shared with himself alone.

"We need you," Rafael spat.

"Please spare me the emotional guilt trip," Theron replied with the same energy.

"It's about our dear old friend George," Micah explained.

"I thought you said he was dead," Theron taunted. Once upon a time that name would make him flinch. Not anymore. When he had spotted him many decades ago, they had called him crazy and prevented him from getting the revenge his beast thirsted for.

"Well, you might have been right."

"And where exactly is our dear friend then?" Theron struggled to track him down all these years so what luck they would have. The world was now a small place with all the technology advancements.

"We are not sure yet."

"Well then this is a waste of time," Theron declared. He had played this game before and the last time he had lost way more than he had bargained for.

"Wait," Tally said. Those were the first words she had said since he had arrived in the room. She had tried her hardest to make herself invisible and it worked when the only three werewolves in the world were in the same room.

Under the attention of everyone, she announced a set of coordinated. Theron changed his tune instantly, "When do I leave?"

This time, maybe fate would be on his side, and allow him to serve the revenge that had been brewing for a very long time. 

~*~

Twitter: gossippikachu

Instagram: randomsweetstuff