Chapter 31

A few weeks passed since our arrival back to the house from the tournament and nothing particularly eventful occurred. So, when Zion and I relaxed on the couch watching television, I hadn't expected to hear two knocks on the front door. I glanced up at him as my back leaned into his chest and he shrugged.

I sighed and began to push myself off of him, but he quickly wrapped his strong arms across my chest and pulled me back to him.

"No," he said into my ear. "Vinny can get it."

"Why?" I asked, placing my hands on his arms.

"It's probably Annika," he replied, tightening his hold on me.

Two more knocks sounded followed by the sound of the doorbell ringing.

"Vinny," Zion said, summoning the red-haired boy from the kitchen. "Answer the door."

Looking between the two of us, Vincent's lips curved up in a small grin. "Are we too busy being naughty right now?"

"No," Zion answered him. "It's not for us."

Vincent returned a frown. "I'm not expecting anyone either."

The doorbell sounded once more.

"They're growing impatient, Vinny," Zion said, shaking his head. "Hurry up."

Vincent sighed and trudged over to the door before he slowly opened it.

"Hello," he greeted the visitor.

"Hey," a voice said back to him as he stepped aside, allowing a girl with flowing dark hair inside.

Zion and I peered over at the unfamiliar girl and she glanced around, seemingly looking for someone.

"Is Alec here?" she questioned, removing her bag from her shoulder. "He told me he'd be home around this time."

"He is," Vincent answered slowly. "But who exactly are you?"

"Oh," she said as if she'd forgotten we didn't know each other. "I'm Tracy."

"Tracy..." Vincent's voice trailed off. "And you're here for Alec?"

She laughed. "No, I'm here for you."

Vincent's eyes widened at her reply.

She laughed. "I'm kidding. I just said I was here for Alec."

Zion puffed out a laugh as I felt his stomach move from under me. "Idiot."

Vincent forced out an awkward laugh. "I know."

"He's in his room," Zion told Tracy. "It's the second one on the left once you go up those stairs."

Tracy smiled at Zion and I felt him tighten his arms around my stomach as she began to make her way to Alec's room.

Vincent plopped down on the couch across from us and stretched his arms above his head. "Seems someone moves on quickly."

"It's his way of forgetting Amber," Zion said. "Sometimes it's easier to move on if you have someone else. Otherwise, he'd be lonely and constantly thinking about her."

"I guess," Vincent said. "I can't help but pity the guy. His relationships always seem to be short-lived."

"He just hasn't found the right person," I said. "Hopefully Tracy will be a good match for him."

"She was funny," Zion said. "Embarrassing Vinny like that."

"Shut up," Vincent replied. "You would've been surprised too."

"I'm sure I wouldn't have been," Zion said, shifting underneath me. "I'm not naïve."

Vincent sunk into the couch and the sound of footsteps sounded coming down the stairs.

"Good evening, everyone," Alec said as he entered the living room, his arm entangled with Tracy's.

"What's with the formalities?" Vincent questioned him, receiving a wide smile from the fellow.

"We're going out," Alec said, neglecting to answer Vincent's question. "See you guys later."

"See you," Vincent replied, sending him a wink.

"Have fun," I told them.

"Keep him under control," Zion said, directing his attention toward Tracy. "He's a wild one."

"I'll do my best," Tracy said. "I'm a bit on the wild side myself though."

Zion laughed. "Perfect."

"Yeah, yeah," Alec interjected. "Let's go."

And with that, the couple exited our home, leaving the three of us to wait in the living room for details of how their night went.

Though, I was growing increasingly tired and pushed myself off of Zion, releasing a yawn as I stood up.

"I'm going to bed," I said to Zion and Vincent. "Wake me up when Alec comes back."

"I'm sure Zion would be perfect for that considering he'll probably be in your bed at that time," Vincent said, mustering all of the strength inside him not to laugh at his own statement.

Zion smirked and stood up from the couch. "You're right, Vinny. I'll be accompanying him now."

Turning on my heel, I began to sprint up the stairs as fast as I could as I heard Zion's steps as he ran up behind me. Crashing into my door, I pushed it open quickly as I felt warm arms wrap around my stomach, pulling me back.

"Got you," Zion said as we both breathed heavily.

Before I could reply, he swept me off of the ground and into his arms as he lowered me onto my bed. Then, crawling on top of me, he straddled my waist and stared down at me, a sly grin spread on his lips.

"What?" I asked.

"I hope you weren't planning on going to sleep so soon," he replied, lowering his chest to mine as he placed his lips to my neck.

"I was-" 

Zion's hand found my mouth and he covered it, halting the words to exit my lips as he kissed my neck, sending shivers down my body.

"I have something different in mind," he said softly, slipping a finger into my mouth. 

Allowing entry inside, I licked his finger before wrapping my lips around it as he had wanted me to and sucked it.

"I take it you've got something else in mind as well," he said, licking around my ear as he whispered in it.

Then, removing his finger, he brought his lips to mine and kissed me softly before he widened his mouth, deepening the kiss and pressed his tongue against mine, licking it.

"Mmm," I said as he slipped a hand under my shirt, his waist beginning to grind against mine as he kissed me.

Though, it wasn't long before knocking sounded at my door and Zion cursed, unwillingly pulling away from me.

"What is it?" he asked, not bothering to open the door.

"I thought you guys would like to know that Alec's home," Vincent replied from behind the door. "And Tracy came back with him."

---

sorry for the wait, I have been rewriting one of my unpublished stories but thank you for continuing to read this (: