24. How could you?

The next day it was back to work as usual. Conner had gone home after we picked up the triplets. Now here I was at breakfast with my babies.

"Mommy I want more wadar" Bradley said while holding his cup towards me.

I got up and grabbed his cup and filled it with water before handing it back to him.

I sat in silence listening to the babbling of my children.

I heard the front door open and in walked May.

"Aunt May" the kids all yelled.

"Hi babies I haven't seen you guys in forever" she said while grabbing a plate of food and then sitting down next to me.

"Hello to you" I said to her while smiling.

"Hello to you too" she said while giggling.

"So how's the hottie with the body?" She asked and I rolled my eyes.

"He's good" I said vaguely.

We sat and talked for about thirty more minutes before I had to leave.

"Bye babies" I said while going up to each one of them and kissing their heads.

"Have fun at school" I said to Violet.

"Bye May" I yelled while walking out the door.
~
When I arrived at work I walked to my desk only to see blonde bimbo AKA Lillian sitting on my desk.

"Can I help you?" I said while putting my bags down.

"Nope just waiting for Conner to come out of his office" I gave her a confused look.

"I wore my tightest top and shortest skirt today" she said in a duh tone.

"Okay but get off my desk" I said while rolling my eyes.

She huffed but got off.

"Elena I need to see you in my office" Conner said while walking out of his office.

I was just about to respond when Blondie spoke up.

"Mr.Melody how are you?" She said while pushing her chest out towards him.

"Very busy,lets go Elena" he said in a stern tone.

Lillian looked sad he didn't take interest in her and she sadly walked off.

I walked into Conners office and stood there while he closed the door.

He walked up and kissed me,it was nice not to rough. It was just a sweet peck.

"Sit" he said once we broke the kiss.

I sat down in the chair right across from his desk.

He gave me a list of things I needed to do and then added an 'I love you' at the end because he didn't want to sound so bossy.

I just laughed and got up and kissed him before leaving.
~
I worked until 12:30 and by then I had a massive headache and I was starving.

I got up from my desk and knocked on Conners door. When he yelled come in I walked in.

"Hey I'm going to lunch do you want to go?" I asked and he looked up and gave me a sad smile.

"Sorry baby I can't, I have so much work piled up" he said.

"Okay do you want me to bring anything back for you?" I asked while walking over to him.

"No I'm okay" he said and I leaned in and kissed him.

"Okay,then I'll be back" I said while leaving.
~
I called May and invited her and the triplets to lunch which she gladly agreed to since she hates cooking.

"Mommy" they all yelled when I walked into the little restaurant.

"Hi babies" I said while hugging all of them to my legs.

"Mommy" I looked down to see Bradley raising his hands up to me so I picked him up and put him on my hip.

"Hey May" I greeted and she smiled.

We all sat down at a booth with May,Sky,and Taylor on one side and Bradley and I on the other.

"Why didn't Conner come?" May asked after we ordered.

"His work got piled up so he wasn't able to make it" I said sadly.

"Ah that makes sense" she said while taking a sip of her coke.

I could see the judgement coming off of her. I knew May wasn't the biggest fan of Conner just because she wasn't.

"Mommy aunt May let us watch tv while she took a nap" Bradley said while looking up at me with his big blue eyes.

"Elena.." May groaned from the other side of the booth.

"What have I told you? He's the only boy in the house what else is going to do" I said while rubbing Bradley's head.

When I said that he looked over at May and I could have sworn I saw a little smirk come over his face.

May was about to point out what he was doing but the waitress interrupted with our food.
~
After lunch I said goodbye to May and the triplets and then made my way back to my building.

When I finally made it up to my desk I had gotten an important email that Conner needed.

So I got up and walked to his office and I didn't bother knocking since he was busy with work but as soon as I saw what was behind the door I knew I should have knocked.

There stood Conner with a red head and Conners shirt was off and the red heads skirt was around her waist and they were kissing pretty heavily.

I gasped and Conners head snapped towards me.

He looked down at the girl and then back at me.

"It's not what it looks.." He started to say but then stopped.

"No you know what it's exactly what it looks like and I'm so sorry it was a giant mistake" he apologized as he detached himself from the woman.

By this time tears were streaming down my face.

He walked up to me and I did the first thing I thought to do. I cocked my hand back and brought it forward. My palm connecting with his cheek.

"I was wrong to trust you. I was wrong to trust you around my kids and I was wrong to ever love you!" I yelled and I turned around and walked out slamming the door closed.

I gathered all my bags and left the building.

As I was driving the only thing I could think about was.

How could he do this to me?
~
I guess I liked some of this chapter but other parts are iffy.