43. Coming home

Kylie is still their baby bee>>
In honor of the tvd season finale here's a new chapter!
~
I was released from the hospital at about 7:30 pm and I was more then ready to get out of the hospital with my little girl.

"Are you ready to go?" I looked up to see Conner coming out of the bathroom.

"Yeah" I said as I slipped on my shirt and then shimmed into my yoga pants before slowly getting out of the hospital bed since my lower region was still in pain.

"Are you okay?" Conner asked rushing to my side after seeing me wince. I nodded and walked to the glass bassinet.

I looked in and saw Kylie fast asleep I felt bad for moving her but I was not staying in the hospital anymore then I needed to.

I gently lifted her into my arms and slowly walked over to the baby carrier and set her in it. I stepped back and just stared at her. I forgot what it's like to have a little newborn around me since all my babies were growing up.

"Hey what's the matter?" I didn't realized I had reared up until Conner had said that and wiped a tear off my cheek.

"Nothing I was just thinking about how my babies are all growing up and how much I've missed having a small baby around" I said with a small smile.

"I'm glad you're excited. I've just been thinking about how much sleep I'm going to loose" he laughed and so did I. The nurse interrupted our moment by walking in with discharge papers.

"Okay Elena, you ready to go?" She asked walking up and looking at Kylie with a smile.

"I'm going to miss this little munchkin" she said and I smiled at her before taking the papers and signing them.

"We will bring her back to visit you we promise" Conner said. She smiled then left.

"Oh I almost forgot we have to change her into new clothes" I smacked myself in the face I don't know how I could forget.

Conner went over to the bag and grabbed a little bumble onesie and hat that my dad had gotten for her.

"Grab her socks too" he nodded and grabbed the little white socks then brought them over to me.

"I want you to change her" I said pushing the clothes back towards him and frowned.

"You'll have to learn how to do it and don't worry she's not going to break"I told him and he had a terrified expression on his face.

He stood there staring at her in the baby carrier before he started moving. He lifted her out of the carrier and unwrapped her from the blanket she was swaddled in.

As soon as the blanket came off she was awake and crying. He looked up at me giving me a pleading look but I just crossed my arms and stood there. He grumbled before putting his attention back on Kylie.

She screamed and squirmed but finally he slipped the onesie on and her socks then her hat before placing her back in the carrier with a light blanket covering her.

"I'm proud of you" I said then walked up to him and kissed his cheek.

"Thanks but isn't it a little hot for all that" he waved his hand around the blanket and hat.

"Usually the first day you leave the hospital it's good to try and keep the temperature around the same so she's been in the nursery and it's warm in there" I explained and he nodded.

He grabbed the carrier and I grabbed the diaper bag and our bag with clothes in it and then we walked out of the room.

Many female nurses and doctors waved at us. I was assuming they knew who Conner was so I just ignored them.