25. Time for a vacation

Jack AKA Elena's dad>>
~
I drove and drove until I ended up at the one place I've always felt safe.

I jumped out of my car after I had parked it and ran to the front door.

I knocked until the door opened and then I flew into the persons arm.

I felt their arms in circle my waist.

"What's the matter baby girl?" The person asked.

"Daddy,everything" I sobbed into his shirt.

I felt him pull me forward and then heard the door close.He walked me forward until I was sat on what felt like a couch.

He pulled my head away from his chest and looked at my face.

"What's the matter?" He asked again.

"Conner cheated on me" I cried and his face went from sad to angry.

"How do you know?" He asked giving me a suspicious look.

"I went out to lunch with the triplets and May and then I came back to the office and I went into his office and he was there with a woman and his shirt was off and her skirt was around her waist while they were kissing" I said then pushed my head back into his chest as another set of tears came forward and fell down my cheeks.

"I'm so sorry baby girl" he whispered while setting his chin on the top of my head and rubbing my back soothingly.

We sat there in silence for a while until I pulled away from him.

"I wish mom was here,she would already be setting me up with another guy and telling me to move on he's not worth it" I laughed while wiping the tears off my face.

He chuckled at that.

"Then she would be yelling at me because how could I let my baby girl get hurt by this guy" we both burst out laughing and I nodded my head in agreement.

"I really miss her daddy" I whispered.

He leaned forward and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Me too baby girl,me too" he whispered.

"Maybe you should go visit her" he said to me while leaning backwards on to the couch.

I haven't visited her grave since her funeral,which was three years ago.

"Maybe I'll do that before we leave" I mumbled.

I saw my dad's eyes widen.

"What do you mean before you leave?" He asked cautiously.

"I've decided that I'm gonna take the kids on vacation. I've saved up enough money over the years to take all five of us on vacation so I'm going to." I said.

"I just need to get away,you know?" I asked him.

"Of course, but I just don't want you to run away from all your problems or leave when it gets bad,okay?" I nodded.

I looked at the clock and saw I needed to get home.

"I have to go but I love you" I said while kissing his cheek then getting up.

"Wait,where are you going on vacation?" He asked.

"I plan on taking them to Virginia beach" I answered then walked towards the door.

"I love you baby girl and go visit your mom" he said and I nodded then left.
~
When I got home I quickly wiped the rest of the tears off my face and then got out of my car.

I opened the door and was greeted with the happy squeals of my children.

I walked into the kitchen to see May drinking what smelled like coffee.