Chapter Ten

10. THE MUSICAL OF MY LIFE

Christopher had his fingers hooked in the corner of my underwear when I made up my mind and rolled off the bed. It was the only maneuver I could think of in such short notice, and it backfired when he collapsed on top of me on the floor. The vampire prince was definitely not light.

            “Oh my God, Christopher, get off me!” I groaned and wiggled around.

            “But I want you,” he panted in reply, reminding me of a whiny two year old.

            “Yeah, well, you’ve got a lot of explaining to do before you have me so if you want to keep your balls get the fuck off me!” I emphasized this by placing my knee near his family jewels.

            Getting the message, Christopher quickly jumped up and away from me. “Are you mad at me?”

            “What, did you think that I’d be happy?”

            “I thought you’d understand, now that my father explained it all to you!”

            I stared at him like he was an idiot. Which he was, “You told me you didn’t like me and then left me out in the middle of the woods, you shit-throwing chimpanzee!”

            “And I’m sorry, I wasn’t thinking straight when I said that! And I thought you’d want to be left alone!” he shouted.

            “Left alone in the middle of the woods?” I screeched. “Where I had no idea where on Earth I was and PURE agents were crawling all over the place? You thought it was a good idea to leave me THERE?”

            “Well, when you put it that way…”

            I stood up and marched over to the bed, sitting down on the edge of it. Christopher was standing in front of me with a nervous look on his face.

            “Who was that girl you came in here with?” I asked softly, but with a dangerous tone to my voice. He gulped.

            “An old family friend- I’ve known her since I was a baby.”

            “And why was she in our room with you? Alone and walking towards the bed?”

            He looked horrified. “Now, Mils, just let me explain before you assume things.”

            “Assume things? SHE WAS LEADING YOU TO BED!” I shouted accusingly. “Is she my replacement, now that you and your terrible mother think that I’m incompetent? Is she your new mate? Because if she is, you can kiss Tayla and me goodbye cause I’m out of here.”

            I stood up.

            “Actually, I won’t even let you kiss us goodbye.”  

            Christopher grabbed my arm before I could walk towards the door. “No, Emilee, I told you not to assume things. Yes, Mother would like Dahlia to become my mate but I don’t care about her. I don’t care what she thinks. You are mine and there is no way in hell I’m going to let another male have you. Do you understand? You’re MINE!”

            “I’m not yours until you prove I am,” I replied defiantly. But, of course, he was still in caveman mode so it was impossible to talk to him seriously. Just like a two-year-old.