Chapter Twenty Two

On the side is a great cover that has come 3rd in my cover competition, made by awesumchic!

Hey everyone! Yes, it's been a while... Yes, I am very slack and I should be punished for my little writing break :/ To be truthful I went through a funk where I just... couldn't write? I dunno. Maybe I was sick or something. 

Anyways, the next chapter is here now and Chapter Twenty Three is on it's way! My updating schedule should go back to normal now (an update a week). So, enjoy<3!

- Anthie

22. A Day in the Life of Princess Emiliana of Astria

One week later and not only were Kai and Char completely obsessed with One Piece, but I was finally settling in. It wasn’t like an ordinary school- I didn’t have to do math, science, English or anything like that- so it wasn’t as painful to get up in the morning. Well, except for Fridays (like today) because I had Etiquette first and I totally failed at it. I mean, how the hell was I meant to remember which spoon you used for soup and which you used for ice cream? Personally, I just wanted to use the biggest spoon available for the ice cream! Who gives a crap if it’ll offend a toad or something?

            Suddenly someone started pounding on my door. “WAKE UP EMI!”

            “I’M UP, MIA! I’M UP!”

            “OKAY! I’LL MEET YOU IN THE BANQUET HALL!”

            “WAKATA! KAPUKAIKI GA HOSHI!” (Got it. I want a cupcake!)

            “HAI! WATASHI MO!” (Yeah! Me too!)

            Her footsteps soon faded away as she walked down the hall. I slipped out of my warm, comfy bed and over to my closet. Eventually, the girls and I had gotten to unpacking my stuff… sort of. It was kind of like we just dumped everything in the suitcases on the floor of my walk-in and then left it. The mess didn’t get cleaned up until a maid came in and almost had a heart attack. Now everything was color-coordinated and organized.

            I picked out one of the three uniforms available to me: either a floor length gown, another floor-length gown in a different color and, you guessed it, another gown, but this one had a matching coat. Since it was still summer, I chose the first one that was made out of thin silk. Our school colors were gold, royal purple (of course) and ivory. I was so depressed when I found out yellow and orange weren’t an option to wear. It seriously almost ruined my life.

            The walk to the banquet hall wasn’t long because it was just downstairs from the dorms, and only one out of the three long tables was full. It looked a bit like the Great Hall in Harry Potter, only there were no awesome people other than my friends and me. Char led us over to the corner of the table that was occupied and we immediately started piling the food onto our plates. As I looked around I noticed that only one person wasn’t sitting at the same table as us.

            It was Jessamina, that girl from Faelin.

            A surge of pity went through me as I saw her delicately picking at a piece of bread. She was so pale and skinny, not to mention quiet, that it seemed like a gust of wind could blow her away. I could tell that she was too shy to even attempt to communicate. To her we were massive grizzly bears and she was an itty-bitty gazelle.