Chapter Ten - A Dream

Chapter Ten

A Dream

Without knowing it, the guys were slowly making their way to where Nevaeh was. She hadn't noticed their dream like daze as she continued to sing and walk along the tree line. Keagan was the closest to her when she suddenly stopped singing and called out Avery's name.

"He is behind me," Keagan said from only four feet behind her.

Nevaeh turned around with a pointed hand in the direction she just turned from, deep in the forest and spoke, "Then who was that running in the woods."

The rest of the guys snapped out of their hypnotic state when they heard what she said and ran to her.

"If you all were here behind me then who was that in front of me running in the woods," she pointed again.

The guys shared a quick glance at each other before Avery asked her what she saw, "What did it look like?"

"Well, it was running so fast I thought it was one of you and I caught a glimpse of an arm and leg before it disappeared behind several trees," she took in all their shocked and concerned expressions.

"Get her back to the house," Avery said to Justin. "We will scout the woods," his voice hid the urgency with a false calm.

As Justin and Nevaeh walked back to the house, the others took off in their inhuman speed to search for what ever Nevaeh may have seen.

"Do you think it was another vampire?" Nevaeh asked Justin.

"I don't know. It could have been but I didn't smell another vamp," he answered her while keeping his eyes on the tree line. "Maybe you should go to your room."

Nevaeh nodded.

"Do you smell another Vamp?" Avery yelled across the way to Keagan.

"No. You?" Keagan shouted back.

"Nothing except for us and Nevaeh," Vasska joined in.

As they met back in front of the house they remained on guard.

"Well, she said she saw something but what could it have been if we didn't smell anything," Keagan asked truly puzzled.

"I don't know," Avery answered looking at the tree line.

"What should we do?" Keagan asked.

"Nothing," Vasska spoke.

"We will wait till there is something we can actually find," Avery sighed but kept looking around them cautiously.

They all went inside and saw Justin at the hall entrance staring at them.

"Well?" Justin looked to each of their faces.

"Well nothing. There wasn't anything," Vasska said in a displeased tone as he walked past Justin.

"We didn't smell anything else other than ourselves," Avery told him. "Where is Nevaeh?"

"She went to her room," Justin answered.

As Keagan and Avery made their way towards Nevaeh's room she came out and saw them.

"Well?" she asked them with a light tilt to her head as she looked at the guys.

"We didn't find anyone or anything," Avery spoke and shrugged his shoulders.

"I know I saw something. Maybe it was one of you and then you just ran back behind me," she tried to reason with herself but something inside her didn't sit well with that explanation.

"Maybe," Keagan said unconvinced cause he didn't remember any of them running around in that direction.

Avery looked at Keagan knowing full well that it was not any of them but he didn't correct him either.