Chapter 15 - Fallen Friend

Chapter 15

A Fallen Friend

"Avery helped you pay your gambling debt?" Keagan asked with a rueful tone once he and Justin met up with Vasska.

Vasska didn't answer, instead, he just stood there brooding.

"Where is Avery? Isn't he going with us?" Justin asked.

"He can't get away just yet but once he does he will meet up with us, but for now it's just us," Vasska informed them with a hostile attitude.

Vasska told the guys the information he got from his bookie Lazario and told them his plan. They were soon running. Justin and Keagan kept their mouths shut as they ran because they could see how troubled Vasska was. His demeanor was almost psychotic.

(Nevaeh)

Nevaeh yawned once the flickering morning light glared her in the face. She sighed once she realized she still wasn't back with the guys.

Stomach rumbling she made her way into the kitchen and looked into the fridge. Her father quietly followed her, never taking his eyes off her. Nevaeh wondered what he possibly could be thinking about as she made her self a simple sandwich.

While sitting at the table finishing her sandwich she decided to ask him some questions. Her stomach flip flopped with nervousness but she knew that would be the bravest moment she would possibly get.

"Are you really my father?" She asked in a soft meek tone.

Worrall nodded yes to her but remained still and alert.

"What happened to my mother? Where is she?" She asked hurriedly.

Worrall looked at his daughter and then looked away. Staring out the kitchen window and acting like Nevaeh hadn't said anything to him.

Nevaeh sighed. She wondered why he wouldn't talk to her. She thought of another question then.

"Is she still alive?" Her voice shook a little.

Without looking at Nevaeh, Worrall shook his head no.

Nevaeh looked to floor and sighed. Her mother was gone. The reality of the knowledge hadn't sunk in but she knew eventually it would.

Farrin entered the kitchen, after being gone for a day, and placed a hand on Worrall's shoulder. "So has our girl been good?"

Worrall nodded yes to Farrin.

"Very good." She eyed Nevaeh and smiled.

Farrin then took a seat across from Nevaeh. "Later this evening we are having a few vampire guests come by and you are going to use your Siren Call to bind them to me," Farrin smiled evilly.

"I will not," Nevaeh refused adamantly.

"Yes. You. Will." Farrin hissed in return. "You will do as I say and bind them to do my will."

"Or what?" Nevaeh hissed in return giving Farrin a hateful glare.

"Worrall," Farrin called in a calm cool voice.

Worrall silently walked closer to Farrin and nodded.

"Send in Alex for me," her voice remained the calm coolness and smiled at Worrall.

Worrall left and half a minuet later another vampire entered. He was as tall and young looking as Keagan but looked a lot rougher and meaner.

"Ma'am," Alex spoke to Farrin.

Farrin didn't answer him though, instead she looked at Nevaeh. "Will you do as I say?" She asked her in a final tone.

"No," Nevaeh answered in a final tone herself.