Chapter Four - Warden

Chapter Four

Warden

Justin had been so wrapped up in listening to Nevaeh's sleeping breaths and heart beat that he didn't hear his brothers return.

Keagan approached him without the slightest of knowing until Keagan spoke, "Your turn to hunt."

Justin's head snapped up and if his back wasn't already against a wall he would have flown backwards several feet.

"Man, what is wrong with you?" Keagan questioned him curiously.

"Nothing," Justin brooded.

"Has she woken up?" Keagan asked tilting his head towards the door.

"No," Justin huffed and walked a way.

Keagan stood there puzzled by his brother's behavior as he watched him walk a way. "Man, first Vasska and now you. I hope what ever it is, isn't contagious," Keagan laughed.

Nevaeh finally woke needing to use the restroom and instantly began to cry as she remembered where she was. She let out a throaty screech in anger as she climbed back in bed and then threw all of the pillows across the room and at the door. She climbed back out of bed and went to the window to check it. She was hoping she would get lucky and be strong enough to pry it open but there was no use. There were nails inside and outside of the window that she could see.

She grunted loudly in frustration as she stomped her way back to the bed but before she reached it there was a knock on the door. She didn't even bother to speak as she continued to sit on the bed.

The door slowly creaked open and Keagan peaked around the door. "Are you alright?" he asked her looking at the pillows on the floor.

"NO," she snapped.

Keagan stepped further into the room. "Is there anything I can do for you or get you?"

"Yes, you can let me GO HOME," she finally yelled and turned her narrowed eyes to him.

Keagan's eyes grew with shock at her tantrum and then was pushed through the bedroom door. Avery and Vasska came to see what the commotion was all about. They looked to the pillows that were strewn on the floor in front of them and then looked to each other and chuckled. Nevaeh crossed her arms over her chest tightly and huffed. The guys chuckled again and then pulled Keagan out with them  in to the hallway; leaving a mad and fuming Nevaeh in the room.

"Damn, she looks like she could actually rip your head off Keagan. I wouldn't dare try going back in there again,," Vasska joked and ruffled Keagan's head.

Nevaeh's stomach began to rumble loudly after a few more hours of crying. She had finally cried her self out; for now anyway. She hated the idea of having to leave the room but if there was a way to escape it would not be found just sitting in the room.

She peeked in to the hall way and then began to tiptoe quietly down the hall. She would either find an exit or the kitchen but as she went further, and unbeknownst to her, the guys heard her coming. Avery appeared out of his bedroom door first which was down the hall from her room and leaned against the frame with his arms crossed on his chest while watching her.

He let her walk by before following behind her and to the kitchen. She went straight to fridge and looked around. There wasn't anything except the carton of eggs and package of bacon. She sighed and closed the fridge door and went to sit at the table.

"I will pick up some groceries later," Avery said as he took a seat across from her.

Nevaeh ignored him as if he weren't even there.