Chapter 23 - Stones

Chapter 23

Stones

Nevaeh was stunned from witnessing Farrin turning into a mist and then, watching the mist seep into the burgundy stone the King of the Wood Nymphs held.

"What happened?" Nevaeh asked barely above a whisper as the shock of what she just witnessed enveloped her.

Vasska, once again, wrapped his arms around her, sensing her terror. He wanted so badly to take her away and keep her safe.

The Nymph King looked kindly to Nevaeh. "Do not worry young Cae Lum," he said, using the same name Farrin once called her bye.

This caused Nevaeh to shiver from the memory and the Nymph King saw this.

"It was painless," he tried to reassure her.

Nevaeh snapped her eyes up to the Nymph King again. "It's not that, it's just that you called me by a name she called me by," Nevaeh motioned her hand to the stone.

The Nymph King nodded to her in acknowledgment.

"King Surriley ((pronounced sir*riley)). If I had known it was you, I would have had you sit next to me," Avery's father came up next to them with Avery and his Mother following.

Avery made his way around everyone to embrace Nevaeh. She took in a deep breath once in his arms and let out a long soft sigh of relief knowing Farrin would no longer be after her. Vasska didn't want to let her go but knew she needed Avery too. When she sighed in Avery's arms, Vasska was tormented with jealousy.

"It 's quite alright King Andrus. I understand. This is our first official meet so no hard feelings." Both Kings shook hands.

"Nevaeh my dear, it is wonderful to finally meet you." The Queen said sweetly as she took Nevaeh in her arms as soon as Avery reluctantly let her go. "My Avery hasn't stopped talking about you since he arrived," she smiled sweetly at her eldest.

Avery shrugged his shoulders and turned a wary eye to Vasska. They both knew the other had feelings for Nevaeh but Avery knew that Nevaeh harbored deeper feelings for Vasska, deciding long a go to not interfere with their relationship.

Nevaeh sort of envied Avery in that moment. A Mother's love she missed greatly.

As the Kings continued to talk, a younger looking male nymph with almond color hair stepped up next to King Surriley and handed him a necklace that he picked up from the clothes Farrin wore. Nevaeh noticed it was the same kind of stone the King had. Just as the King took it in his hand Nevaeh's mind went to a specific memory of a young looking Farrin whispering to her and for her to look for her in the stone.

She gasped at the memory and everyone went silent, looking at her. "I think Farrin put my Mother in that stone," she said, nearly in tears.

King Surriley took the stone necklace from the young nymph and looked it over. "She must have tapped into some deep magic. Only Nymph Royal bloodlines are capable of doing that," he looked up from the stone to Nevaeh. "Nevaeh, if you wish we can release her so she may be once again be reborn. Our laws state that when we are in-stoned that we may be released to be born again as a nymph, however, if we are punished we remain in the stone for a limited time or for the rest of time. If you'd like you may keep the necklace."

"But if staying in the stone is a form of punishment then shouldn't I release her so she can be free?" She asked after wiping tears from her cheek.

The Nymph King nodded his head and smiled fondly at Nevaeh. "What ever you feel like doing is entirely up to you."

She nodded her head. "Release her."

King Surriley nodded again and took the stone back from Nevaeh. He clasped the stone within his hands after which he opened and a light mist flowed out of the stone and disappeared through the ceiling.

Vasska enclosed Nevaeh in his arms as she let go a few more tears before drying her eyes. "Now she is free." She forced herself to smile.

"When ever you want Nevaeh, you may visit us at our capital." King Surriley spoke.

"Thank you," Nevaeh nodded to the King of the Wood Nymphs.

They continued to talk for a few more minutes until Nevaeh yawned. Queen Emma suggested Vasska take Nevaeh to her room to rest. She was such a sweet and kind woman and was sincerely concerned about Nevaeh. She knew she had been put through a lot.

Vasska and Avery went together to take Nevaeh, leaving the two Kings and Queen Emma to continue talking.

After Nevaeh had rested she had another meeting to attend to. One with King Andrus and Queen Emma. He wanted to reassure Nevaeh of her freedom and her safety. Avery always had a problem of living at the Vampire court. He enjoyed his privacy but since he realized that Nevaeh would be safer there he too would stay. This alone made the King and Queen very happy.

Vasska was surely going to stay. He would follow Nevaeh until the end of time. As for her friends Justin and Keagan, only time would tell if Justin's craving for Nevaeh's blood would go away. Until then they were allowed to visit but only under strict survelance.

Keagan and Justin informed Vasska, Avery and Nevaeh of the bad news of their home in the forest. It was burnt to the ground. Vasska suspects Lazzario's involvement but obviously there was no evidence.

So for now this was Nevaeh's world. She rested in the knowledge that she was safe and had Vasska to hold her and still had Avery near by as well. She knew it wasn't fair to Avery but for time being she would be selfish and stay comfortably where she was.

                           The End

    ——————————————————

Thank you so much for reading my story. Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought of it and if you would like a Book Two!!

(King Surriley - but picture him with white hair and blue eyes) **********************(A/N: I'm thinking about making a book 2 instead of adding to this one

**********************
(A/N: I'm thinking about making a book 2 instead of adding to this one. What do you think?)