Chapter 20 - Departure

Chapter 20

Departure

"So Vasska, are you going to order take out for me?" Nevaeh called as she exited the shower, all smiles, while wrapping a towel around her hair.

Keagan smiled. "Um..."

"Oh, Keagan," Nevaeh stood still and looked around the room. "Where's?" She gestured her hands while asking.

"He had to feed," Keagan bounced on to the bed. "How was your trip?"

"It was fast but good. Where's Justin?" Nevaeh walked over to the bed and sat next to Keagan.

"He didn't get full enough I guess and had to feed again."

"Is he alright?" Nevaeh asked with a concerned tone.

"Yes, why?" Keagan looked to her confused.

"Nothing..." She shook her head. She quickly changed her demeanor and tapped him on his leg. "So, what's there to eat around here?" She asked in a more peppy tone.

"I'm not sure. Let's look in the phone book," Keagan poped off the bed and got the phone book from the night stand. He shuffled through the pages. "What are you hungry for?"

"Um, I think I would like some Thai." She answered happily.

"Thai it is!" Keagan took out his cell phone and placed the order.

As she ate her dinner, she realized she was starving. Justin returned to the hotel before Vasska. He was finding it more and more difficult to stay away from Nevaeh. He had to catch himself from staring at her when someone looked his way. He was literally drooling over her scent.

Vasska busted through the hotel room door and stormed at Justin. He grabed him by his throat and held him up against a wall.

"What gives man?" Keagan rushed over trying to grab Vasska's hand from around Justin's neck.

Justin was fighting against the grip as well but since Vasska was much older than both of them combined they didn't have a chance. He was also stronger than both of them together.

"I'm only going to ask you one time. If you lie to me I will kill you now," Vasska growled at Justin.

Nevaeh curled up on the bed against the headboard as she watched the frightening scene.

"Did you drink from an unwilling human tonight?" Vasska hissed the question.

"No Vasska, you know he would never," Keagan began to say.

"Shut up," Vasska yelled at him. "Answer me. Did you attack someone and," he looked back to Justin, he couldn't even finish the sentence.

Justin's eyes answered everyone. That look of undoubtable guilt. Before he could even nod yes Keagan and Nevaeh both gasped.

Vasska threw Justin onto the floor and ran to the bedside where Nevaeh sat trembling.

"How could you? You know our own code," Vasska hissed in a disappointed anger.

"Justin?" Keagan looked to his brother with utter disbelief and disappointment.

"I... I... couldn't help myself," Justin stuttered with a horrible look of shame.

"You know our code Justin. No forceful feeding and killing a human," Vasska growled.

"Vasska, we are family. So he made a mistake," Keagan pleaded.

Justin couldn't look at either of them so instead he hung his head low and looked to the floor.

Vasska growled at Keagan. "He has broken our family code Keagan. No exceptions and you know it."