t w o ✿ tenerife sea - ed sheeran

I was a mess. I kept pacing back and forth in the bathroom, not knowing what to do. I kept looking at myself in the mirror and get disgusted every time.

I couldn't go on. I don't want the party to happen. The memory of what happened exactly 4 years back kills me. The haunting images of him wouldn't stop flashing in my mind I was doubting if I was still sane.

I couldn't have a party 4 years after we got separated. Never.

That's when I did one thing left for me to do. I bolted out the door and started escaping.

I was running. I was running very fast.

It was all I could ever do now. And it is all that I could ask for at the moment. I wanted to get away from all the voices, from all the whispers, from all the gossips, from all the criticisms, from everything. I hated having to follow what they say, I hated hearing them comment on every move I make. I'm tired of having people judge you at every step you do and criticize you for every flaw you have.

And here I am, on my heels to get away from the venue fast. I don't give a fuck right now that I am in a white gown, running away from the venue of my own birthday party. I don't care if they conduct a search party for me or if they would even call the attention of the police for going missing because I don't want to continue with the event. I don't care about everything right now because I need to pull all my shit together, to fix the jigsaw puzzle, to put all the pieces back together, to find the missing parts as well.

I have no idea where I am being dragged by my feet because I had my head in my hands. Yes, I am running while I'm crying knowing I couldn't do things anymore as the past started to haunt me, making me realize that the jigsaw has a missing piece I kept covering up. I couldn't accept the fact that the promise he made, will never ever happen.

All of a sudden, I tripped and fell on the forest floor. For no reason at all, I suddenly thanked myself for choosing the location of our vacation house and for choosing that vacation house as my party's venue. But I hated myself for it as well, as it only made the situation worse by bringing back all the memories we had back when we were kids. As much as I wanted to go back in time, I know it is impossible and all I could ever do right now is to accept the fact that I'll be an adult, and I'll embark on this journey alone, without him to hold my hand.

I didn't take any effort standing up as the fatigue from running and crying soon started towering over me. I don't know but I felt my eyes drooping with those thoughts, those sad, melancholic thoughts. The last thing I remember was the sound of the chilly wind rustling through the leaves.

***

I started opening my eyes, but shut it again since I got blinded by the bright light. Ugh. So I fell asleep on the forest floor? Nice way to escape, Eunice, it was really a ni-

"Oh my goodness," I exclaimed, sitting right up, opening my eyes instantly, and touching random parts of my body. I looked down and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that I was still in my dress.

Excuse me for being paranoid but I know others would do that too if the last thing they remember is falling asleep on the leafy forest floor but the thing they feel when they wake up is a soft, comfy couch.

"Hey, good to know you're awake."

I froze the instant that guy spoke. It couldn't be. He's like, what? Hundreds or even thousands of miles away from me. It's impossible.

But I couldn't go wrong with his voice. I know we got separated at an early age, an age where puberty was just starting to hit the both of us, but I am sure I couldn't go wrong with that manly yet giggly voice.