t h r e e ✿ in your arms - stanfour

"Clifford, can't you drive a little faster? I just don't wanna be late for this okay, fuck, okay I'm gonna be late, I'm such a dipshit," I groaned at him and started panicking knowing I'll be late for senior ball. And for once in my life, again, I'm late.

"Oh come on, you aren't really giving a fuck about the event, are you?" he asked me with such a taunting voice. What does this fucker know?

"What do you mean, you asshole?"

"Admit it, Hood. You're anxious because you promised my cousin. You're panicking because you have failed my cousin for god knows how many. Ah, what love does to Calum Thomas Hood, I see," he taunted me even more.

"I do not love nor like your cousin," I retorted, obviously annoyed. I wanted to strangle him at the very moment but I wouldn't risk the fact that we might end up in an accident and break my promise to Symonne. How come he knows I actually like his cousin? God damn it Calum, what happened to subtle, aye?

Don't get this wrong. I do like his cousin. I just don't like it when other people shove the truth in my face when all I want is the fact be kept with me, and me alone.

"The more you deny it, the more I'm starting to believe that you do, Calum, so stop trying to hide the truth from me," he said, and started speeding up. However, traffic seemed to have other plans that as much as Michael tried to avoid the highway, we still got stuck in the middle of some jam.

Michael and I had no choice but cuss at the fact that no matter what we do, we'll end up being late. And no matter what I do, I'll have to endure a real bad consequence, knowing Symonne doesn't like waiting.

The moment we arrived at the venue, I went down Michael's car and ran upstairs, not minding Michael anymore, who would still find a spot to park his pick-up.

"Fuck this life," I muttered seeing that Michael and I have missed half of the program and everyone was having the time of their lives on the dance floor.

And for the nth time in my life, I disappointed Symonne.

I slowly made my way into the crowd, not minding the others who were getting all lovey-dovey on the dance-floor, or the others who were throwing daggers at me for being that shitty asshole who probably had ditched his dance for being late.

Fuck traffic jams. Fuck me for being nervous as shit it took me hours to prep myself up. Fuck me for making promises I can't keep.

I had no idea where to go nor what should I do so I resorted to just sitting in my seat and sulk, knowing I'll be seeing her, and she wouldn't talk to me for a week. I hate the feeling that we'll be apart for once more, because I can never stand that moment where she'll pretend I did not exist in her life even when I actually woo her with almost everything.

But what surprised me the moment I reached the table where we were both assigned to sit was that her food was untouched, her seat still tidy, everything in her place seemed to not have been moved by anybody. It seems like she did not come at all.

That's when I started panicking. I know I may be just another guy who got blinded by her smile, I may be trying hard, but when she suddenly disappears, I know the case has gotten too serious.

I was about to run to Michael to tell him about his cousin, but I saw a piece of paper on the table cloth by Symonne's side of the table. Without any hesitations, I grabbed it, and squinted through the strobe lights trying to read it.

I hope every time you break your promise, you feel how it's breaking my heart into a million pieces.

I do not know what got into me, but the moment I read the note, I felt relieved she got here, but at the same time, I got worried, thinking where the hell she could have gone. And the last thing I know, I was running to Michael.