f i v e ✿ moment of truth - fm static

"Bro, you alright?"

I sighed. I'm nervous as fuck and my hand are shaking, they're getting sweaty, and my legs are wobbling, and oh my god, can I even do this?

"Mate, relax, okay. You planned for this for God knows how long, you can pull this off," Ashton patted me on the shoulder, and gave a reassuring hug. When he pulled away, he smiled and gave me two thumbs up. Oh please, Ashton, not now.

"Good luck, soon-to-be brother-in-law."

And with that, he started doing the second most dreaded thing I wanted to happen now @ndash; make his way out of the venue and leaves me to handle all the stuff all by myself. Damn it, Luke Robert Hemmings. Man up.

I fiddled with the velvet table cloth on the table that was set up. This is really happening isn't it?

And I knew it was now or never, the moment I saw her making her way towards the area where the candle-lit dinner was set, following the path of the rose petals.

And I swear my heartbeat stopped the moment I saw her smile at the ground. Damn fucking girl, she never ceases to make my jaw drop.

I bit my lip, and took a deep breath. There's no turning back now.

[Then]

"Mate, this would be better if we all stay in one school, so we can catch up with the band. I mean dude, you're going to be the only who's gonna be left in the community school if you don't go here," Calum blabbered.

I sighed in defeat. I wouldn't be able to do anything anyways. I'm enrolled, I'm here, on the first day of classes, and yes, I'm officially a student of whatever this school is. The only reason why I am in this school is because the rest of the band ganged up on me by transferring since Ashton got a scholarship. Oh that nerdy drummer of ours.

"We'd head to class now. Sucks we aren't together in Algebra class you, advanced math whiz. Next time, please tell your mom to teach us. Math is shit," Michael bid goodbye, dragging Calum with him. I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that they're going into Algebra for the 3rd time. Probably mom really needs to tutor them.

I made my way to my locker, knowing I need to grab my stuff and probably read Trigonometry in advanced. I was about to turn into the hall where my locker was supposed to be when I was knocked-over by somebody who was probably who's rushing to their class.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I'm just so late, I'm going to get detention on the first day of school, oh my god," she said, in between breaths, while picking up her books. I helped her get her stuff, stood up, and helped her get on her feet as well.

"Thank you."

That was the last thing I heard from her, because she went away so quick, just like how she suddenly bumped into me at that corner. I wanted to get to know her more, I mean I just got a glimpse of her face but the way she let her words roll out of her mouth is just so charming and Luke, stop rambling like a girl.

I was about to shake all the thoughts of her knowing there's a little chance of meeting her again, when I noticed something on the ground.

A Polaroid picture of her.

And I'll have to admit she's pretty.

It doesn't hurt if I keep it in my wallet, does it?

And that night, I couldn't sleep, thinking of her, and how am I supposed to know her with just that Polaroid snap of hers.