t w e l v e ✿ angel with a shotgun - the cab

Down to Earth, keep 'em falling when I know it hurts. Going faster than a million miles an hour, trying to catch my breath some way, somehow.

The lights dimmed as soon as the slow tempo of the new song has blared from the speakers, making the night sky more prominent, making her beauty be at par with the moonlight, and making everything seem to just shine brighter, and move slower.

Down to Earth, it's like I'm frozen, but the world still turns. Stuck in motion, and the wheels keep spinning 'round, moving in reverse with no way out.

Everyone else is having the time of their lives being horny bastards on the dance floor, while here I am, trying to understand how the world seemed to have stopped, with her hands wrapped around my neck, and mine on her hips, foreheads against each other, breaths being intertwined together, hearts almost beating as one. Almost.

And now I'm one step closer to being two steps far from you, when everybody wants you. Everybody wants you.

The thing is, as much as manly I look and give off a bad boy vibe, I can't muster up the courage to tell her how I feel. Not even the fear of getting my first tattoo could compare to the way my knees feel jelly when she's near, and to the way all the words I wanted to say get jumbled and incoherent before I could even say it.

How many nights does it take to count the stars? That's the time it would take to fix my heart. Oh, baby, I was there for you. All I ever wanted was the truth, yeah, yeah.

"The stars do look good tonight, don't they?" I asked, breaking the silence engulfing us. I know she loves the stars and everything that concerns the outer space – the galaxies, the planets, the other heavenly bodies, just everything.

"You're slowly becoming me", she chuckled, looking up as well.

"Don't you like it?" I asked her, pretending to be hurt yet slowly pulling her closer, and letting the music guide us through the dance floor.

"What? You liking what have always fascinated me? I love it, of course."

I shook my head. It felt surreal. Hearing it come from her, how much she loved the fact that I started loving looking at the night sky due to her. All because she said that the world outside had always fascinated her. If you were to tell my old self that I would learn to finally be amazed by how stars do form constellations, I would have scoffed in your face and spat out profanities.

How many nights have you wished someone would stay; lie awake only hoping they're okay. I never counted all of mine, if I tried; I know it would feel like infinity.

"I don't want this to end", she said out of the blue, "I like creating memories under the night sky, where the stars are our witnesses. It makes everything prettier, brighter. I feel like we're in a bubble of infinity."

"Funny", I chuckled at her attempt of a pun, "but, same, I don't want this to end, too." I wanted to say the reason why. I wanted to say it was because I was creating good memories with her, with her within my reach, with her within my touch, with her in front of me, almost threading our heartbeats together. I wanted to say she was making everything glow.