n i n e ✿ summer love - one direction

"You're gonna love it there, hun. I promise. Your dad just wants to spend some time with you."

"As far as I remember, I don't have a father", I answered back with so much disgust.

"Please, baby, just try. He's trying to win you back", my mom pleaded.

"I will not, and I will never", I answered, zipping my luggage and stormed out of the house angrily, not even looking back to even say goodbye. Well, who would say goodbye when you're leaving for hell?

I clearly remember my words. Those words that rolled out of my lips with so much spite and the same words I never would have thought that I would eat sooner.

I remember how annoyed I was when I arrived that day in Sydney. I stormed out of my father's house and went to the place that I know would calm my nerves down. I just got to the playground that used to be my childhood safe place to chill out when I found you sitting on the swing with your legs awkwardly sprawled out because they were too long.

I expected myself to cool off the steam by sitting on my favorite spot on the swing, but instead I found myself grinning like an idiot at you.

That's when we first made a connection, a cause-and-effect, a contraption.

*

"Oh come on. Are you being serious, this is just a small insect", you taunted me, waving the box that contained the spider in front of my face.

"Well, excuse you, Mr. Hemmings, but spiders aren't insects", I retorted, rolling my eyes, "and no, still not gonna touch that."

"Okay then, Ms. Know-it-all, just pay me $5 and the day is over", you smirked at me.

"FIVE FUCKING DOLLARS WHAT?! Alright, give me that fucking spider and let's get it over with."

With that, you chuckled softly, putting the spider on my hand, while I closed my eyes. But who knew that the moment your fingers brushed on mine, was also the moment a sudden surge of electricity was sent in my body.

You made everything just like the first time I did it, back when I was young. Days have passed by then, when I realized I was slowly choking on the rant when I left Vancouver.

I was smiling, grinning like some stupid dork, rather than sulking and moping in my room muffling the sound of my father's annoying voice.

"Luke Robert Hemmings! What is this?" I asked you, trying so hard not to laugh.

"Uhm, a cake?" you answered, quite unsure, if the squish mess of what's supposed to be bread and icing you laid down in front of me was still enough to be called a piece of cake.

I raised my eyebrow, and looked at you straight in the eye. A few seconds later, I let out the laughter I've been trying to stifle.

"Stop laughing, I tried my best?"

"I'm sorry, Lucas."

"I'm sincere. I tried my best on that", you repeated more with a frustrated voice.

"Why?" I asked, toning down my laughter.

"To impress you", you said nonchalantly.

"What?" I suddenly gaped.

"I like you, so much, Terris."