s i x ✿ all again for you - we the kings

It was late at night. I should have been asleep, but no, here I am, speeding down the road with clouded thoughts. I know how dangerous is this thing I'm doing but what could I do? I couldn't sleep.

Hearing the news got me so devastated. It has been 3 long years, yet here I am, still smitten by her beauty, still remembering the taste of her lips, still mesmerized by her tender touches, still regretting all the things I did that fucked up our relationship, still depressed that I was the whole reason why we have to go separate ways.

And as much as I wanted to make it all up to her, it seems that it has to be over in a few hours.

I immediately pulled over the curb, not minding if I even parked my car properly. I need time, I need to be alone, and I need to think. And this is the only place I know that will keep me sane, even though it would only bring up a lot of my memories with her.

I instantly locked the door, and went upstairs, to the room where we shared every cuddle, watched every movie, played every video game, and hummed every lullaby. At the moment I went in, all the memories came flooding in, knowing that everything was left untouched and her smell still lingers through the room after the last time she went here.

Why do you even have to be such a stupid, uncontrollable jerk, Calum?

I laid down, savoring the remains of her scent on the bare mattress and pillows, and the sound of every wave crashing from the nearby beach. In no time at all, tears were starting to fall from my eyes as I remembered how I usually spent money to woo girls. I know I was such a fuckboy, with all the girls bowing and throwing themselves to me. I know I was stupid, but she was the only one, I swear, I took seriously. She was the one who made me change my ways.

She's the reason why I brought this rest house all along. I was the one who spent money on every request of those slutty girls - from make-up to more slutty clothes - but it was upon meeting her, when I learnt to be practical.

And this house was brought, all because of her love of the beach.

*

"Won't you even come, Calum? You asked me you wanted a getaway from the stress due to the project in school. I brought you to my favorite place."

I shook my head. I never knew that this girl could find peace at the beach. I mean, this isn't even a private place.

"Calum, the water won't wait for you", she called me again, and went back on focusing her camera at the majestic view of the sunset.

I went to the water, and sat on the sand. I didn't have any extra clothes with me, but the cold waves that tickled my feet, and drenched the shorts I was wearing gave a soothing feeling and little did I realized, I was already laying down, my hands under my head.

"Are you alright now, you annoying fuck?" she asked laughing, and for heaven's sake, her laugh was music to my ears I was silently wishing she would always do that.

I opened my eyes, sat up, nodded as response to her question, and looked at her.

That was when I realized, this simple girl is starting to light up a fire in my heart, and makes me want to change who I am.

*