Chapter 4

(endure it)

(endure it)

------

There's a black mark
On her soul...

------

My body blew up like a thunderbolt as I sat there panting.

I threw a frightened and panicked gaze towards my chest where I thought, he had stabbed me. I ratted my hands brushing that area back and forth. I was bewildered.

It was a nightmare. A nightmare where I almost got stabbed to death by my own father. The traumatic dream had triggered my body's fight-or-flight reflex.

I sat there on the soft surface, panting heavily and gasping for air to fill my lungs.

Once my breathing was regular, I ran my gaze across the room. I was in an unfamiliar room, white faded walls, a single bed and a study table were the only items in the room.

It was an old, somewhat clean environment. It was much better than the place I lived. I remembered that this house belonged to the girl I met the day before. She had a foreign name but I couldn't remember her name.

Checking the time, I realised I had to go for my job. Not bothering to change the outfit I was wearing, I took at the key and went out. As I was struggling with the lock I heard a voice behind me.

"Running away again?"

"Oh gosh--"

I recognised the girl as the same one from yesterday night, the possible owner of the house. One thing was odd about her appearance, I remembered her eyes to be green from yesterday night but now they are brown.

Chameleon eyes?

"Oh no! Definitely not! I was just going for my part-time job. I already took the day off school, I can't miss this one too. I'm grateful for whatever you've done and I won't be rude enough to leave without informing you."

I said, trying not to pry in others life.

"Oh and I also wish to speak to you after I return."

I informed her to which she nodded. I heard her mumble something which wasn't clear in my ears so I left, uninterested in her words.

"It's playtime...."

Lynn mumbled, staring at the retreating figure of Jungkook walking and disappearing in the woods,

"Time to spend some time with my guest."

Kim Eunha was bound to the chair, her body immobile. Her breaths were heavy, her mouth bleeding and her nose crooked towards the side. Her clothes were covered in dry blood and dirt. She was on the verge of leaving the earth.