Chapter 6

(Edited)

(let play

(let play...)

------

The way I'm drinkin' you down
Like I wanna drown, like I wanna end me

------

"...Tremble alone"

My eyes fluttered open, vision blackened. My heart pumped loudly mixed with a feeling of my lungs burning.

My body flung up, my feeble string thin arms supporting my body. Scanning my surroundings, I threw my head back, closing my eyes and exhaling loudly.

"What's wrong with me?"

"La la la"

An eerily sound filling the room, reached my ears. I failed to notice it when I woke up but now it reached my ears, loud and clear.

"Birds are silent...."

It didn't stop.

"....for the night...

Shut your eyes and utter no cries."

I shut my eyes, trying to get rid of the melody, a melody too eerie for anyone at this hour. The creaking of the bed passed unnoticed my ears. The voice kept singing, each time it felt a step closer to me.

"As the witcher, brave and bold

Paid in coin of gold..."

The mattress of the bed shifted indicating the presence of someone but I didn't notice.

"....stop.....stop..."

I mumbled, draping my palms around my ears.

"He'll chop you and slice you..."

The melody didn't stop.

"Cut you and dice you

Eat you up whole

Eat you whole."

".....no no....no please.....please go away."

Tears formed in my eyes, I prayed for the melody to stop.

"Ting tong."

I darted my head towards the left, only to find emptiness.

"From behind."

My right ear pricked as my head shot in the right direction.

"You hear me."

My sweat trickled down my hair as the sound reached my ears. The room was empty, with the bed beneath me and an empty desk.