🔒Locked 🔒

"You?" 

The elf asked, barely heard to the vampire, his voice as soft as a sad melody. 

"It is what it reads..." Hyunjin mumbled, examining the paper, as the gears turned in his head, slowly.

Felix couldn't control the salty droplets from running down his cheeks, he couldn't control the painful hammering of his heart, he couldn't control the pain of his heart tearing apart and ripping every wound in his body. He couldn't control the pain from seeping into his nerves, spreading like wild fire across his limbs.

"What do we do?" 

The question rolled off his tongue, unconsciously. He had meant what he asked, he was confused as much as he was pained. Every piece of this puzzle was sharp yet blunt, and the parts of the jigsaw didn't snap together, like how it should've.

"This- Or whoever is behind all this, is leaving behind clues, it seems."

Flipping the paper, Hyunjin eyed the symbol of the fox, thorns engraved as décor. The green eyes stirred something in him, something dangerous, as his head connected a memory in resemblance to the malicious green eyes.

It looked familiar.

But no matter how much he looked at it, he couldn't quite place it right, he couldn't quite pin point how it was familiar. It just was. 

"But why?" The elf's question awakened the vampire from his thoughts, glancing back at his soulmate, tears dried up on his red and flushed cheeks.

"If the kidnapper is leaving clues, they want to be found. They want to be captured. They are throwing themselves out as bait. Which is the confusing part- because such a thoughtless act only singles one option- They want to communicate, to talk to us."

"Talk...?"

"Felix, why else would they leave clues? And why would they want to kidnap the royal children then? For money? I think not. Money isn't an issue here, because if they were ever to come across a fortune, they would use it, which would stir up trouble. Money can't be an essential here, they obviously want something from us other than that. Else, they would be caught quite easily."

The vampire picked himself and Felix off the ground, turning towards the guards and nodding stiffly at them. The guards quickly encircled the both of them, leading the two towards the palace.

They needed to investigate more.

And for that, they need an experienced to help.

In other words, this would require the assistance of someone who committed the same act long ago, someone who would know exactly how a criminal mind worked, because he himself was one before.

Bang Christopher Chan.

----

"M-Mom...? D-Dad...?" A scared voice whispers out, the broken voice echoing in the dark and black cavern the two were hidden in.

"Shut your rat traps!" A loud voice replied their pleas, silencing the younger one's shushed cries in seconds.

"I want to see my parents!" The little girl shouts, a tad bit braver.

"Another word, and your brother shall meet his end sooner than planned." The voice revealed itself, a pink-haired man glaring into the souls of the princess. The older one of the two stood between the man and her brother, shielding him from any dangers the man proposed.

"Don't you dare lay a finger on my brother!" She shouted, her courage crumbling under the man's furious gaze.

It took seconds for a venomous laughter to resound the walls of the dark hole, making the two children flinch and hide further into the corners of what seemed to be a cage.