10. Confession

Days passed and Ohm didn't show up at Fluke's apartment. He also seemed to ignore all the calls and messages that both he and Sammy had tried to make. The solution would be to go after the boy to speak to him in person.

For his part, Ohm had no idea that his absence was in any way felt. Quite the contrary, he had cut himself off from everything that connected him to Fluke hoping that it would help his own heart to heal. For some reason he still didn't have the courage to face the recent events. Watching the writer's reunion with the great love of his life just in front of his eyes made him feel small and insignificant. They were adults, successful people, men who could pursue what they wanted in the name of their own happiness.

"I'm just a student who needs to do odd jobs to get some money. There's no way to compare…", Ohm said looking at his reflection in the mirror and feeling the vibration of self-pity surrounding his body.

The Communication student's friends had also noticed a change in his manners in lately. Ohm wasn't the kind of person to open up, so they only had access to what they could see and that was scary enough. The boy had come from a season in which he seemed extremely happy, to now find himself in a position where he seemed about to give up everything or sit down to cry in the middle of the street because it started to rain and he didn't have an umbrella. In fact, it actually happened and he gave his own family a scare when he got home soaking wet.

Mix and Pine, Ohm's younger siblings, also felt that something was wrong. However, as much as they insisted, they saw that the older brother was willing to suffer in silence, without commenting on what was happening in his life. All they knew for sure was that he had lost his job at the writer's house and didn't want to talk about it. But it seems, fate was willing to help our friend and one night as he grabbed his backpack over his shoulder and walked halfheartedly down the steps of the house that led to the street, he heard that voice again.

"Ohm…", Fluke was standing in front of the house.

The writer was dressed as adorable as ever. Even though he was wearing only a striped yellow shirt and jeans that still made appear a magical glow around him like he was a fairy tale character. Ohm wanted to run and hug him, but he avoided it because he didn't feel entitled to it. He also thought about sitting on the steps and crying with relief that the person he had missed so much had sprung up in front of him. It turns out that he still didn't know the reason for the other's visit and that made him anxious and out of all feelings that were trying to overtake him at the moment, he stuck with this one.

"Why haven't you been coming to my apartment anymore? It's been over a week and you haven't even answered my calls…", Fluke said frowning.

"I-I…", he started to say but couldn't go on because none of that made sense. Why should he come back? They hadn't even talked about it. Besides, showing up unannounced could get in the way of anything between him and Chaitee, and Ohm wanted Fluke to be happy.

"Okay, forget about it now. We can talk about it later. What I really need to know is… did you read the book?", Fluke asked, a note of hesitation creeping into his voice.

"I haven't had time to read it yet, sorry. And now I'm late for college. I need to get going. See you!", Ohm said avoiding the man on the sidewalk and heading to the bus stop.

Fluke felt his world shattering when he saw the boy walking past him and completely ignoring him like that, but he didn't have much time to react. That's because as Ohm's figure disappeared over the horizon, another much smaller and agitated one appeared beside him.

"Hi! You're the writer my brother worked for, right?", the girl asked with a wide smile on her face that almost caused her small eyes to close.

"Ah… I think so?", Fluke replied still unsure if he could or should speak to someone besides Ohm at that moment.