1.

Caroline moved back to her home town as she transferred to be a detective in her hometown. At first she wanted to do it in another town because she didn't want to feel she would only get a promotion because her mother was in there. Now, her mother is gone and she decided it was time for her to go back home and keep protecting her town, like her mother have been doing for so long.

The night before her first day, she decided to meet with her two best friends from high school, Elena Gilbert, who was now a doctor at the hospital and Bonnie Bennett who decided to be a firefighter.

"I missed you girls so much! Talking on the phone is not the same." Caroline said after they hugged. "So... tell me, what's been going on? What did I miss?"

"Well, as you know, Stefan and I broke up because he wanted to get married while I wanted to focus on my career." Elena said.

"Damon bought a bar that is closed to the fire department, the hospital and the police station, which is pretty cool because it's a good place we can all hang or outside of the hospital." Bonnie said.

"Oh! This British family moved to here. One of them is a doctor... Elijah Mikaelson." Elena said.

"Elijah Mikaelson? You mean the McDreamy that you kept talking about almost every day?" Caroline asked with a smile.

"Why do you call him McDreamy?" Bonnie asked.

"Because he was there for Elena when she was drunk and took her to McDonald's because she needed some food in her stomach. It was like if he was her dream husband but because that was too long, I started to just call him McDreamy."

"Yeah and when I accidentally used that nickname when I was talking about Elijah, then quickly all the Mikaelsons started to have nicknames." Elena said.

" Elena said

"Which are...?"

"Elijah's sister is Rebekah. She is a paramedic like Stefan. Apparently she's known as McSexy. Then there's the one who doesn't talk to many people... He seems like a lone wolf, you know? His nickname is McSteamy. And finally there's Kol, who works with Bon and his nickname is McHottie. I guess they are the McMikaelsons." Elena said.

"He is really that hot, Bon?" Caroline asked with a smirk.

"He is hot but he is too much of a flirt." Bonnie said, rolling her eyes.

*Next Day*

Caroline went to the police station to find out where would be her desk and who would be her partner.

"Detective Forbes you will be working with Detective Mikaelson." The captain said.

"Hi! My name is Caroline Forbes. Nice to meet you."

"Klaus Mikaelson. I guess we will be working together." Klaus said, remembering her from last night as he drank he noticed a beautiful blonde woman who had something about her that the moment he saw her walking to the bar, he couldn't take his eyes off of her.

"A man just called. His store was robbed. Go!" The captain said and so they left.

As they got into the store, Caroline quickly grabbed her notepad and went to talk with the owner of the store while Klaus just walked around the store.

"So to make sure I have everything is right. The store was stolen about two hours ago. They took mostly tablets, laptops and cameras... I would like a list of all of your employees who have ever had access to your store." Caroline said.

"Detective, I already solved the case. We are looking for three white males, one of whom had sleeve tats on both arms." Klaus said, making Caroline look at him confused.

"And how do you know that?" Caroline asked confused as she walked over to Klaus.

"I had an informer on the inside. He's been here for years. Watching, learning, waiting... His codename: Fuzzy Cuddle Bear." Klaus said as he grabbed a teddy bear. "He is a nanny cam."

"You got lucky." Caroline said, hating that she missed that.

"No... I just decided to observe that in a store of cameras there was probably one working during the robbery."

"Nice job." Caroline said with a smile.

After they both looked for the two guys, they found out they lived in a small apartment and once they got in there, they just knock on the door

"Who are you?"

"Police. Congratulations. You just got arrested." Caroline said as Klaus grabbed one of them, while the other, started to try to run away. "Don't worry. I got him."

After he jumped out of the window, Caroline did the same and quickly ran after him and pushed him to the ground.

"Damn! You're strong." The guy said.

"Good try. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to consult an attorney. If you can't afford it, one will provided to you before questioning if you wish. Although I wouldn't try. We have solid proofs." Caroline said and then met Klaus at the parking lot, then they both took the guys to jail.

"I have to admit. I saw you from the window. You did a really good job, love."

"Thanks. What do you say about going out for a drink tonight? Celebrating our first arrest together..." Caroline suggested.

"Sounds good. But you buy first round." Klaus said.

"Deal." Caroline said with a smile.

AN: Hey guys! So this is the first chapter. I hope you like it. Thank you all so much for your support. Full warning: I have no idea about being a doctor, firefighter, paramedic or detective so you'll probably see some references to tv shows. I hope you're okay with it. Also, I don't know how long it will be between the updates.