11.

Elijah was in the cafeteria of the hospital with Elena when he got a call which made his mood change right away.

"Is everything okay, Elijah?" Elena asked concerned when she noticed his phone call made him get tense.

"Yes. I just need to text my siblings. I apologize for interrupting our conversation."

"It's totally okay. Family comes first. I'll leave you alone so you can talk in private." Elena said with a small smile, which made Elijah smile slightly to her, appreciating how comprehensive she was.

Elijah decided to go to the garden near the hospital as he video called his siblings.

"Hey, Lijah! Isn't too early for a family reunion. And whatever it happened I'm sure it was Kol's fault." Rebekah said after she picked up.

"Hey! Don't put the blames on me. I was just curious to see what would happen if I would... Elijah, why did you call us?" Kol asked.

"Is it important? Because I have a guy on the car that Caroline and I have to take for questioning." Klaus said.

"Mother just called me saying that they are on their way."

"What?!" The three asked.

***

It was night and the Mikaelsons prepared a dinner for his parents who would arrive at the dinner time.

"Alright, remember the plan. We need to say united." Elijah said and his siblings nodded, then they heard a knock on the door.

"Time to pretend this is not torture." Klaus said as they walked over to the door and opened it.

"My babies are so grown up!" Esther said as she gave a group hug

"They are still sharing a house. When I was at their age I had already my company and was married with my own house." Mikael said.

"Okay, Boomer." Kol said to himself.

"What did you said?" Mikael asked.

"I said we know, father." Kol said with a fake smile. "Would you like me to help you with your bags?"

"Sure."

"Yes. I'll help you too." Klaus said in a way to avoid having discussions with his father.

"So... Elijah... Are you still just an orthopedic at that small hospital?"

"Yes, father. But I love what I do."

"But you are wasting your potential. How could you move here when you were accepted to go to an hospital in Seattle. And it's not just any hospital, it's a great hospital and you could even became a chief of surgery."

"I felt that Seattle wasn't for me, father." Elijah tried to say calmly.

" Elijah tried to say calmly

"You keep lying to me. I know you left all because of a girl. I mean one girl breaks up with you and you leave the place that could make you famous and successful? That's a really stupid idea." Mikael said, making Elijah realize that it was already being sufferable having them for 5 minutes, he didn't know how he would handle their visit.

"Oh! Rebekah... I was talking with a friend of mine and apparently her daughter is studying to be a doctor, so I gave her your number, telling her that maybe you could put her in your hospital."

"Mom, I'm a paramedic. I don't own the hospital."

"Well, they don't have to know that." Esther said. "Besides this is a great way to try to see if you will finally manage to have a friend... you know, for longer than a week." Esther said.

"If you excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom."

"Hey! We are back. Do you need anything?" Kol asked as he and Klaus walked back to the living room.

"Yes. Do you remember that girl that went to high school and lived right around the corner and didn't have any friends..." Esther asked and Kol nodded. "She went to visit her parents and we got to talking and I gave her your number. You need to settle down."

"You're talking about the girl with an eye patch and who would wear a cape to school every single day." Kol said.

"I know for you it's fun to be all single

"I know for you it's fun to be all single. But I want grandchildren. And I want you to finally get a stable life. You're no longer 18. You're an adult. You need to have an adult relationship."

"Yes. That's why I'm no longer single." Kol said, making everyone look at him.

"You're not?" Esther asked.

"Nope. I'm in a committed relationship with a young independent woman."

"And who is she? How did you meet? When do we meet her? What's her name?" Esther asked curiously.

"Bonnie. We met at work."

*Meanwhile*

"So... you are still a detective?" Mikael asked.

"Yes, father." Klaus said.

"I still don't understand. You could have gotten a job at my firm and maybe once I would retire be the CEO. How can you decide to be a cop instead of a CEO?"

"I just feel being in the police force gives my life meaning?"

"Pff! Meaning... In a few years from now, you will realize that feeling of fulfillment fades away. It's only a matter of time. And your salary isn't great. I think you are wasting your time. If you want to feel that you are helping society, why not just volunteer?"

"Father, I love what I do."

"You are naive, boy! I don't know why I still waste my breath. I mean... I always tried to show you the better way but you never cared. It was always whatever you wanted... I still think I should have given you more punishments than the ones I gave you but your mother was all in defense of you. She spoiled you too much!"