5.

Caroline was finishing her paper work when suddenly Klaus appeared behind her.

"Love, I did something."

"What happened?" Caroline asked turning the chair so she could face him.

"You know that jewelry store robbery near the town square?" Klaus asked and she nodded. "I figured out who was it. Dustin Whitman. It's not the first time I caught him stealing. I put him down 2 years ago and he just got out. The crime scene yells it was him. The crime techs aren't done yet but I'm sure it was him."

"Please tell me you didn't arrest him without physical evidences."

"This is what I like about you. So much more than a pretty face." Klaus smirked, making Caroline roll her eyes.

" Klaus smirked, making Caroline roll her eyes

"Don't change subject. You don't have enough evidences to arrest him. By law, we have 48 hours to find those evidences or we let him go."

"That's why I need your help." Klaus said.

"You need to tell the captain so we can gather as many detectives as we can to gather information in enough time."

"Ugh! Fine. I hate how you push me to do the right thing. This is why I loved being a detective without partner. I followed just my own rules."

"Stop stalling." Caroline said, making Klaus go speak with the captain.

***

They spent the entire night in there and it was now the afternoon of the next day and Klaus noticed Caroline hasn't been talking as much as she usually does.

"Love, I know it sucks us staying here but could you not give me those looks and barely talk to me? Please..." Klaus said because even tho he wasn't the kind of person who enjoyed talking it was different when it came to Caroline and knowing she was barely talking to him it upset him.

"I'm sorry. I'm just annoyed. Last night I had a date and I had to cancel it." Caroline said and Klaus had to repress down the jealousy he was feeling it, so he decided to change the subject. "Do you have the bank records?"

"Yeah. Here they are." Caroline said as she handed him the papers. "Good thing I didn't reschedule my date for tonight. This is taking longer than I was expecting."

"Maybe that's a good thing." Klaus said, making Caroline give him a confused look. "Maybe I saved you from another wanker you met online with a weird name like Dirk."

"Can you really talk about weird names? Your name is Niklaus. People are either called Nicholas or Klaus. I never heard of a Niklaus." Caroline said. "Besides, he is not lame. He works with a friend of mine and his name is normal."

"Then what's his name."

"I won't say. I am pretty sure if I tell you then you will look him up and make fun of him."

"Do you really think that low of me?"

"Do you really want an honest opinion?" Caroline asked with a smirk.

"Is his name Jesse, who does investigation work in the hospital about cells and whatnot?" Klaus asked.

"How do you know?"

"You're not the only smart detective in here." Klaus said with a smirk.

"Fine. You found him. And just so you know, he is nice and he uses proper punctuation in texts."

"What else could one want?" Klaus asked sarcastically, making Caroline give him a look. "You know what? Reschedule for tonight. I'll be done with this by then."

"Seriously? Thank you. You're the best!" Caroline said and gave a peck on his cheek, then went to text Jesse.

 You're the best!" Caroline said and gave a peck on his cheek, then went to text Jesse

*Hours later*

"Love, you should go now so you can go home, take a shower and go on a date with Julian." Klaus said.

"His name is Jesse. But are you sure?"

"Yes. This is on me. Just promise me that  you won't use the condoms you have on the pocket of your purse. They are expired."

"How do you know they are on my purse?"

"I was bored. Plus we are partners and we spend so much time together. I get to know certain things about everyone." Klaus said.

"I guess we spent almost two days locked together..."

"Caroline Forbes, you are a genius!" Klaus said and gave a peck on Caroline's forehead and then went to the captain's office where was Whitman with his lawyer.

"This is not over! Take a look at this." Klaus said as he showed them a picture of Whitman in prison with two sail mates. "Here is Markus and then here he is again in the jewelry store. You two plan this in prison. You showed him how you usually do the robbery, he did the robbery, you got an alibi and you split the cash. I told you I would get you, Whitman!"