12: SET A SURPRISE FOR LATER

"WEIRD HOW no one's here yet, besides us," Nikki switched the lights on in the corridor of the band's apartment, and said, as he was kicking off his shoes.

"Maybe Eddie is still out with Tommy," Nichole guessed, while looking around the strange place, "Oh, nevermind..."

"Huh?" Nikki looked over at Nichole, but then heard something mercilessly get knocked over in some other room of the apartment.

The two, still standing in the corridor, but slowly creeping their way into the apartment, giggled to themselves. "Doesn't look like they're out after all," Nikki said, trying to quiet his usual voice down, "just in the other room. Do we surprise them in any way or better leave them alone?"

Nikki knew what Nichole would say - she wouldn't want to betray a friend like that, when she's probably in there having the time of her life. But she had already agreed to come over to his place, so maybe she'd be down for another bad decision...

"Well," she smiled up at him slightly, "you already know what I want to say," Nikki sighed, feeling defeated, "But we can leave a surprise for them to find later, once they come out of that room."

Suddenly his face of devastation went away and he flashed a bright smile: "That's my girl!"

The girl felt her cheeks become red, as she felt proud for being entertaining enough, instead of boring, for once.

"So what do we do?"

"I have just the right idea," Nikki winked and laughed, as he motioned for the girl next to him to follow his steps.

***

NIKKI TURNED the door knob of the room that was presumably his as quietly as he could, while Nichole stood there next to him, feeling very awkward and out of place. The thought, that she should have just went home and what the fuck is she doing in Motley Crue's apartment, hit her like a truck, and it felt like she's being dragged down the street by it, because it wouldn't leave her, as she watched every one of the bassist's moves.

Finally, he switched on the light and showed her around.

"So... there's a bit of a mess, yeah, but I think you expected that, I know you're judging, but please don't judge. And that's the room."

Nichole nodded and took in every detail of the room with her wondering eyes, finally stopping at the guy in front of her. She also took in every detail of his face, how his hair was hiding the structure of his attractive face and how she could only really see his eyes, beaming at her. She couldn't even tell what the look on his face or in his eyes meant. But she quickly wanted to shake that question out of her mind, because she didn't want to care, at least not enough to get too worked up about it and let it consume all of her thoughts, like some questions had before, she just let herself wonder what tonight will turn out to be, but she knew she's only here to sleep over.

"Lovely," the girl said and immediately mentally kicked herself over it. Why would I say that of all things?

He smiled casually, "Well... are you absolutely exhausted yet?"

Nichole shrugged, "Not like there's much we could do anyway. Wouldn't want to leave the room to fall into our own trap, which we left."

Nikki laughed, flashing a big smile, "You're right. And... Um... If anything, I can sleep on the floor or something. If that somehow makes you feel better."

She quickly nodded, approving his words, "I'm good. We'll see, then," she said and walked over to the bed. She plopped her body down on it, letting out a sigh as her head hit a comfy pillow.

She didn't move at all for a bit, until she felt weight pressing down on the bed next to her. Even then, Nichole didn't dare to open her eyes, feeling scared of having to meet Nikki's eyes in an awkward position.

Until she felt that weight of another body move even closer to her, it was then, when she opened her eyes, to see Nikki leaning right over her. Nichole stared into his eyes with shock, thinking about how he said he wouldn't do anything weird, unless she wanted him to. Now his right arm moved to her other side and she was completely trapped by Nikki. She hadn't felt this nervous since... honestly, any work day, because that was when she would constantly lose her mind over keeping her perfect dream actually perfect. Was there anything to make him believe she wanted him to make a move? Was she giving away any of her emotions? She couldn't believe she could have, since she would do the best at putting them away for a time, even from herself.

Nichole took in a sharp, short breath, as the boy's face quickly moved closer to her, and did a quick, shocked exhale, when Nikki moved over her to reach for something on the small cabinet next to her. She couldn't see what it was he was searching for, but it sure took him a good, long time. And in the mean time the girl was left to feel the warmth of Nikki pressing on her, thinking about what an idiot she was, to think that was him making some kind of move. Obviously everything was like a joke or a game to him, to keep life interesting and fun, obviously, how did she fall into that.

Looks like she fell into their own trap, without having to even leave the room.

A/N to be honest, I still haven't thought of what the surprise they left is, if any of you have any ideas of what Eddie and Tommy would absolutely NOT enjoy waking up to, let me know in a comment :D