4: I'LL SEE YOU LATER

THE LAST CLIENTS exited the diner, and Nichole finally locked the door, ready to leave. It was an early Saturday afternoon, which meant one thing - the girls could leave earlier. They had worked very hard the whole week, there were way more clients in the summer. They deserved to go and have some fun.

The girls were heading to Eddie's apartment, they spent a lot of time there, since Vanessa's and Nichole's apartments were smaller, and they didn't live as close to their workspace, as Eddie did. Especially, on the weekends they loved to go to Eddie's place, get their makeup done, put on fancier clothes and go to a club or somewhere to get some rest from the real world.

When all three girls entered the apartment, they put down their things and started talking about the latest gossip on the Sunset Strip, about music, and what they want to do and where they want to go, you know, stuff like that.

"Nikki, please, maybe you could wear a dress for once?" Eddie begged her friend, Nichole always wore pants or shorts when she went out.

"I have to wear skirts all day, every day at work!" Nichole replied her usual answer, Eddie always wanted her to wear a dress, but she just wanted some freedom for her legs.

"Ugh, this is just a waste of time," Eddie sighed and walked away.

"Hey!" Vanessa suddenly shouted and jumped in front of her friends, trying to be dramatic.

"What is it again?" Eddie sighed again and glanced at her energetic friend.

"Nothing, I just wanted to say hey," she shrugged and smiled. She walked over to the mirror in Eddie's bedroom, but then suddenly light up, as if a genius idea had popped into her head.

"Okay!" Eddie said with a hint of excitement in her voice and opened her closet. It was big and stuffed with many clothes, many of them she never even got to wear, and they ended up in her trash years later, and a lot of stuff, that Eddie's closet contained, was actually Nichole's or Vanessa's.

"Go ahead," Eddie motioned to it, the way she always did. They always attacked her closet, - and when I say attack, they literally throw and grab everything in it, and that's why it always looks like a mess - in hopes of finding something they haven't worn before.

"Okay, I am ready to go," Nichole said after more or less than thirty minutes later.

"Me too! Oh," Vanessa seemed surprised about Nichole's different look, "You look amazing! And you're wearing a dress!

Nichole raised her eyebrow and then laughed, "Thank you, thank you! Where's Eddie?"

"I'm here! Oh, you're wearing a dress! Where did you get it?" Eddie seemed surprised too.

"In your closet, silly," Nichole chuckled and looked down at the simple, dark blue dress, that hugged her skin tightly at the top, but hung loosely at the bottom, "It was the most decent one I could find."

"I didn't even know I had something like that, and it definitely looks better on you than it would on me," Eddie smiled brightly and quickly hugged her friend, "We can go now!"

***

LOUD MUSIC FILLED the club, and the girls decided to just sit by the bar.

"Let's dance!" Vanessa yelled after finishing her first drink.

"No way," Nichole's eyes went wide.

"Oh, come on, Nikki, why not?" Eddie smiled and reached her hand out to her.

"Maybe later," she shyly answered, "I've already put on a dress and went out to a loud public space."