5: I'LL THINK ABOUT IT

VANESSA STUMBLED into the kitchen, where Eddie and Nichole were already sitting.

"Good morning." Eddie turned around and smiled at her, "Coffee?"

"Always." Vanessa answered, still half asleep. She took the cup in her hands and took a sip from it, "Mm, thank you."

"Be ready soon, we still have work." Nichole reminded, ruining Vanessa's happiness by reminding her about work.

"I know, I know. I'm just gonna spend the day in the kitchen, there's a lot of food, y'know." she carelessly replied and shrugged.

Nichole giggled and shook her head, "Well, I can't stop you from it anyway."

"Not even if you tried?" Vanessa asked with a childish spark in her eye.

"Nope."

"Good. Excellent. Amazing! Uh..." she paused for a moment, "That's all I have in my vocabulary."

"I honestly think she's ten not twenty years old, like, mentally." Eddie quietly said, but Nichole still heard it.

She smirked ar her and replied, "Me too."

***

"MOVE YOUR ASS away from here!" Vanessa yelled, as she walked by Eddie with two plates in her hands.

Eddie stepped away from the counter, "Once you feed her, she actually starts working."

"You make her sound like an animal." Nichole chuckled and glanced at her friend.

"I didn't mean to." Eddie then sighed and checked the clock, "Ugh, time is moving so slowly."

"Two hours, and we can go home. Two hours."

"Yes, yes, of course," Eddie said and sighed.

But time does go really slow, when you check the clock every five minutes. After an hour the girls were more than ready to leave.

Nichole was running back and forth, serving clients and making sure everything was fine, until the four guys, who they were expecting at this point, opened the door and walked in.

Actually, Nichole didn't hate them, she just... didn't really like them, the way they looked and the way they acted, just everything about them was outstanding, at least in Nichole's simple and pretty much boring life.

"Hello." Nichole greeted them, before they could say anything first, with no emotions in her voice.

"Hey! Where's, uh, Eddie?" Tommy walked up to her and drapped his arm around her shoulders.

Nichole shifted uncomfortably and mumbled, "I don't know."

"Well," Tommy just simply shrugged, "Then I'm just gonna go and look for her." and with that he walked away.

"He actually believes, that Eddie will go out with him. He's just like a little child, so full of dreams and hopes." Nikki suddenly said in a dramatic voice.

"Oh my god." Nichole whispered, "You're such a pain in the ass. We have work to do, we're closing in less than an hour, and I'd really appreciate it, if you guys could leave us alone until then." Nichole said and walked away, cursing under her breath.

The blonde guy, Vince, who kind of looked after Vanessa-or just listened to her rambling-when she wasn't in the right state of mind, walked by Nichole, and she gave him a slight smile, he did the same.

"Wow, she smiled at you." Nichole heard Nikki say.

She rolled her eyes, but didn't turn around to answer to his comment.

As she was walking into the kitchen, she heard two voices talking, even though she couldn't really understand, where the voices are coming from, but they were near.

"Oh, come on, please!"

"I already told you, I'll think about it."

"Well, that means no!"

"No, it means I'll think about it. I don't have time to think now. Now go... Do something with your life."

Nichole couldn't hear the conversation anymore, and she wasn't bothered to go closer to hear more. She knew who were the two people talking and what it was they were discussing.

Nichole worked for the next hour, not minding the guys shouting and being silly in the corner of the diner, she felt like it wasn't her job anymore to make them leave or stay away, unless any costumer complained. Eddie had already taken a liking on Tommy, and Nichole didn't want to be the one, who would stop her from going out with someone nice, if anything like that was possible with a guy like Tommy. And she decided just not to hang out with them, if she doesn't want to.

"Ugh, ten minutes." Nichole whispered under her breath, when she saw what time the clock was showing.

"Hey! Yes, you, idiots in the corner, we're closing, so you should leave!" Vanessa yelled, when she stood next to Nichole.

Nichole yanked away and furrowed her eyebrows, "Do you want me to be deaf for the rest of my life?"

Vanessa turned her head to her friend's direction, shrugged.

"Well," Eddie wrapped her arms around her friends' shoulders, "Let's get outta here!"