Chapter 13

Hello again!! I'm just on a roll with this story. I hope you all enjoy!!

TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of sexual assault.

********

I was wasted every night for the rest of that week.

Multiple different men helped me stumble up the stairs multiple times. My brain was constantly running a million miles an hour. Did they want to talk to me just to humiliate me about the MC? I wasn't going to take it like I did when I was young.

"Sober up," Pres banged on my door Saturday night. I groaned and held my head in my hands softly.

"What the hell?" I scratched my chin.

"I need you on a run tomorrow. Collecting cash. You and Rooster nine o'clock in the morning," he said loudly. I could hear his boots stomp away before I even knew how to respond.

Nine o'clock? Rooster must have planned this fucking run.

I set an alarm for ten to nine and took my time getting ready the next morning. I knew I would get a scolding from Rooster, maybe from Pres too, but I didn't want to be puking the entire way there.

"You're late," Rooster sang, already on his bike. I shoved the rest of the pop tart in my mouth and chewed as quickly as I could, rolling my eyes at the hyperactive child.

We both slid on our helmets and alerted to Comp that we were on our way. We ended up spending nearly four hours on a stupid asshole that owed a hundred bucks to the MC. Pres usually didn't care about this kind of shit. Why now?

"That was pointless," Rooster agreed after we'd left the guy bleeding in his trailer. I glanced up at the entrance of the trailer park to see multiple security cameras. As calm as I could, I slowly turned back to my bike and pressed my finger to my earpiece.

"Comp, you see those cameras at the entrance? About a hundred feet away?"

"Already got them. You guys are secure. Get back here," he muttered back. Rooster nodded and pulled on his helmet, waiting for me to do the same a second later before we were on our way.

"I'm going to head straight to the shop. I'll meet you back at the clubhouse," I said into my earpiece. Rooster didn't respond verbally, instead holding a thumbs up as he merged to get off of the highway. I still had one exit to go.

I pulled into Mr. Odison's shop mid-afternoon. Beatrice was helping a customer when I entered, with another customer waiting behind that one.

"Here's your order, Sniper. 'Been waiting for you to come in," Mr. Odison came scurrying out of the back of the store. I tried not to show my disappointment. The one thing I'd wanted to do was talk to Beatrice today.

I watched her dad go into the back and set the backpack on the glass countertop. Beatrice glanced over at me in confusion but focused back on her customer a second later. There were business cards in a stack on the counter. I grabbed one, pulled a pen out of my pocket, and wrote down my phone number.

"Text me," I mouthed to Beatrice as I slid her the piece of paper. She nodded with a small smile and I already felt better knowing I would be able to talk to her later. I quietly apologized to her customer for interrupting and left the store with the backpack of ammo.

Pres and Comp quickly debriefed Rooster and I when I arrived back at the clubhouse. I unpacked the weekly ammo and Maya came in again, blowing a strand of hair out of her face.

"Sniper see if you can tell what's wrong with these forms. I've had five people look at it," she sighed and held out a stack of papers.

"One second," I smiled apologetically and pulled my ringing phone out of my pocket. "Sniper."

"Hey," Beatrice's voice came through. I tucked the phone between my chin and my shoulder and grabbed the papers from Maya's hand.

"Hey, sweetheart. How's it going?" I forgot I had an audience until Maya gasped and caught my attention. She was smirking and tapping her foot on the ground.

"Good. Busiest day of the year, I think," she laughed.

"No way! I've seen the line out the door before," I insisted. She laughed a little more.

"I got to try out our new shipment today, though. Your President is definitely going to want some," Beatrice said. I hummed in response and finished looking over the papers in my hand.

"I have no clue," I whispered to Maya and handed them back to her. She huffed and her shoulders slumped.

"Oh, are you busy? I can call back—"

"No, no. You're fine. Maya was asking for some help with some paperwork, but I'm clueless when it comes to that kind of stuff," I answered.

"Oh, well tell her I said hi! What kind of paperwork?"

"Beatrice says hello," I said loudly. Maya raised her eyebrows and her smirk grew bigger. "It's some sort of financial paperwork. I'm lost."

"I like doing that kind of thing! I could take a look, if you'd like?" Beatrice offered. I felt bad.

"Well, I don't know how Maya would feel about someone outside the club getting involved in financial affairs—" I didn't even get to finish my sentence before Maya ripped the phone out of my hand. She hit the speakerphone button and held it out of my reach.

"Hey, B, it's Maya," she said. Beatrice laughed and said hello back. "What's this I hear about getting involved?"

"I'm sorry if I overstepped," Beatrice apologized. Maya and I both shook our heads.

"Quite the opposite," Maya assured, "I would love to see what kind of work you can do and maybe hire you part time, if you're interested."

"I'd love to! I can stop by after work today, unless that would be too late," she responded. Beatrice sounded genuinely excited about the offer.

"Sniper didn't go to bed until three o'clock last night. The clubhouse never sleeps," Maya laughed. Beatrice said she'd be over after the store closed at nine o'clock and take a look.

"Thank god," Maya fell back against the wall, "I can finally be free of paperwork. This shit's hard, you know?"

"Yeah," I said and tossed the empty backpack into a cabinet.

"So...sweetheart?" Maya laughed. I glared at her until she calmed down and wiped a tear from her eye.

"It was clear from the day she'd come in with bruises on her," Maya's smiled drifted away, "By the way...you found that douche?"

"Yeah. He's an advisor to the senator. Pres vetoed it," I answered. Thinking about it made me absolutely livid. Not only had he touched Beatrice in the worst way possible, but he knew how to cover his damn tracks.

I'd find him if it was the last thing I did.

********