Chapter 31

Final chapter besides the epilogue! I hope you guys have loved Sniper's journey.

********

"I'm going to vomit."

"You know, last time I said that you were not reassuring," Beatrice joked. I was so thankful to have her. An eight-year-old's birthday party had me feeling nerves I'd never felt before. Hell, we couldn't even take my bike because Beatrice refused to let me drive.

I also had absolutely no clue what to get the kid, and since it was our first meeting, it had to go well. God, I hoped it went well.

"I don't know if I can do this, baby," I muttered. She reached over to rub my arm before grabbing my hand and squeezing.

"Everything is going to be okay. And look; even if it isn't, you still have your family behind you. That will never change." As I looked at her in her cut, I knew she was telling the truth. I'd had a family all along. I would always have them.

"I love you," I muttered to her. She grinned brightly and and leaned in to kiss me.

"I love you too. Let's go! I'm so excited to meet your family." Before I could say anything, Beatrice was already out of the car. I took a deep breath and stepped out myself. She reassured me by grabbing my hand, and we walked towards the loud children's music. It was coming from the backyard and was followed by splashes in a pool.

I slid open the gate with the present in hand and Beatrice in the other. It was a mess of children, balloons, and water. A lot of water. Heads turned when the gate squeaked open, but only one person looked happy to see me.

"Noah!" Scott spotted me before I saw him. He leapt out of the pool and rushed to me. The music continued in the background, but people were still looking at me.

"Hey," I was barely able to muster before he grabbed me into a strong, tight, and wet hug.

"I'm so glad you're here," he said in my ear. I didn't know how to respond until he pulled back.

"Uh, this is Beatrice, my girlfriend," I said. He grinned and shook her hand. His wet hair was falling all over his face, and someone shouted his name towards the back of the yard.

"It's great to see you both. Give me a couple of minutes. I'm going to go change, and—I'll be back," he smiled before jogging off. He spoke to a man first, then a woman who seemed to be scolding him. He just laughed and shook his head rapidly to make water fly all over her.

"You're never doing that to me," Beatrice sighed.

"Huh? You want me to call Scott back over? Scott! H—" my mouth was covered a minute later. Beatrice was scowling, but there was laughter in her eyes. I didn't even notice the woman from earlier approach us.

"Hi," she meekly interrupted. "I'm Lola, Scott's wife."

"Noah. This is Beatrice," I smiled. I couldn't gauge how she was feeling about a biker in her backyard.

"Scott never stops talking about you," she smiled. The man my brother had just talked to was in a swim suit now and jumped into the pool to watch the kids.

"I've been excited to meet everyone. It's been a while," I smiled. Beatrice had her arm wrapped around me and started to rub my back. "I, uh, have a present for Brandon."

"Oh! Yes, he's been excited to meet his Uncle Noah. I'll grab him," she walked away. My heart felt like it had split into two. Uncle Noah?

"Everything okay?" Beatrice asked quietly. I nodded and opened my mouth to speak, but never got the chance. A kid—Brandon, I'd assume—skidded in front of me in a bathing suit just like his father. God, he looked just like Scott as a kid. My heart was going to fall out of my chest.