Chapter 3

Sorry it's been so long. Hope you enjoy :).

********

Did I really want to do this?

I stood next to my bike, hands on my hips, unsure if I actually wanted to do the ammunition pick-up this week. I would rather just live in the fantasy that one day, Beatrice might accept me and go on a date, but I knew that I had to talk to her.

Maybe I could convince someone else to do the run.

"Hey, uh...Sniper? You going to move anytime soon?" Rooster shouted as he eyed me from the gate. I flipped him off and mounted my bike. I rolled my shoulders before starting it up and pulling through the gates.

I took the long way there, but I ended up still arriving around the same time I usually did, and I took a huge, deep breath before walking inside.

"Daddy—"

"Wait, wait," I held my hands out before she could finish the rest of her sentence. She was wearing a yellow sundress today, with her hair high up in a ponytail, and I had to swallow because my throat was suddenly parched.

"What do you want?" Beatrice narrowed her eyes at me. She crossed her arms underneath her chest and I couldn't blink, fearing that I would look down at her chest spilling out of her sundress.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry," I murmured and put my hands down back at my sides. She cocked one eyebrow.

"For what?" Beatrice uncrossed her arms and blindly rearranged little things on the counter. Her hands moved over some flashlight keychains as she moved them a few inches, all the while maintaining eye contact with me.

"I'm sorry if I pushed you too much, or if I was too forward," I said quietly. She nodded and finally glanced down at the flashlights before moving them back to where they were originally.

"Thank you," she murmured. "Need the usual today?"

I nodded my head and watched her quietly slip into the back. Where was the, "Daddy, Sniper's here!"?

"Here you go," she muttered. I blinked in surprised and reached to take the heavy backpack from her, but Beatrice didn't flinch at all. I glanced at her biceps—thick and strong—before I took it and slung it over my shoulder.

"Thank you," I said. She nodded and moved back behind the counter.

"Don't forget, you have to pay your tab next week," she reminded with her back to me. I shamelessly glanced at her legs before turning around so I couldn't be caught.

"Got it," I said. "See you next week." I pushed open the door and swung my leg over my bike before I took a deep breath. My hand gripped the chilly key and started to turn it before a Rolls Royce pulled into the parking lot and parked a few spots down.

My hand froze on the key as I pulled my phone out and pretended to read a message while I watched a young guy in a dress shirt and sleek, black pants move from his car and into the store.

I put my phone back into my pocket, zipped it up, and dismounted my bike to walk towards the door.

The man walked in, straight up to the counter, and leaned over to kiss Beatrice.

He kissed her.

I rushed to turn around and scurried back to my bike before she could see me looking. That's why she was saying no...damnit! I fought the urge to kick over my bike and got on it instead. The drive to the clubhouse was cut in half.

I stormed inside, past Queenie, Minnie, Torch, and their baby Titan to slam the backpack onto the metal table in the arms room.

"You good?" Torch stood in the doorway tentatively, Titan sleeping in his arms. Instead of dropping everything onto the metal table, I set stuff down quietly so I wouldn't wake the baby.

"Fine," I clipped. I wished he hadn't come in here. I could still be slamming drawers and throwing things across the room.

"Yeah, sure," Torch said sarcastically. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I fucked up my bike," I lied.

"Rage can fix that easily. What else is wrong?" Torch asked. The hair on the back of my neck raised as he pushed more and more.

"Get out of here," Queenie scowled and pushed him out of the room. Noticing the baby was gone, I slammed the ammunition drawer shut and hung my head.

"She's with someone. That's why she kept saying no," I whispered. Queenie gave me a sympathetic smile and stepped closer.

"I'm sorry," Queenie responded.

"It's alright," I sighed and fucked up my hair. "I'm surprised I found out now. I've been hassling her for over a year to go out with me."

"How did she take the apology?"

"I'm glad I did it, she seemed to like it," I answered. I shoved the backpack onto one of the hooks in the room and waited until Queenie left the room to close and lock the door behind us.

"If it's meant to be, it'll happen," Queenie whispered as we entered the common room. I struck up a conversation with Rooster and Blade about a run they'd be going on together and found myself strolling into Pres' office afterwards.

"I was thinking—" I was cut off by loud shouts from outside—not the good, cheering kind of shouts, but the shouts that lead to concern—and Pres and I were quick to sprint outside.

"Someone call Torch!" Rooster shouted and glanced at us as we came into the kitchen. Queenie was sitting in a chair at the table, frozen with a glass of almond milk in her hand, with water pooled beneath her.

"Queenie's having her baby!" Someone in the back shouted. Chaos ensued; Someone dropped a glass as Pres rushed to help Queenie stand.

"I'll pull the truck around!" I shouted and grabbed the keys before rushing to the backyard. I pulled the truck around to the front door of the clubhouse and watched as about half the members rushed to their bikes.

I left it running to hop out and rushed to help get Maya in the car. Torch was at home with his baby, so I would be left in charge, and I had to reluctantly watch them all drive away for Queenie to have her babu.

"Back to work," I reminded the men still standing in the parking lot. Ripper rushed out of the clubhouse pulling on a shirt as fast as he could, but I shook my head. "They're gone."

"Damnit," he cursed and turned to Reaper who exited behind him. "If you wouldn't have distracted me—"

"Sure," he muttered and picked Ripper up. He carried him back inside kicking and laughing while I watched on, rolling my eyes.

"Go to work!" I shouted as they moved back into the clubhouse. Their laughter indicated that they would both probably be late today. My mind drifted to Beatrice, then the man that had kissed her over the counter.

I would wait. Though I wanted her to be mine now, I would wait until that douchebag would mess up with her, because I knew I could treat her how she deserved to be treated.

One day.

********

So excited for the upcoming chapters!