Epilogue

Wow. The end of the book! I can't believe it!

I hope you guys have enjoyed this journey as much as I have. There's five, maybe six more stories left in the series! 

I hope you're staying along for the ride.

********

"Baby, grab the phone, would you?"

"You're closer," Beatrice whined. That was a flat out lie. Both of our phones were on her nightstand, and she had taken mine away earlier in the night. I grumbled a little, got up, and winced when the bright screen of my phone lit up in my face. Patricia?

"Pat?" I answered. "Is everything okay?"

"Hold on—I'm going to video chat you," she said. I could hear Jess arguing in the background, but a second later, my phone lit up to a video call. I quietly stepped out of the room and moved into the club's lit-up kitchen to see.

"I told her not to call you, for the record," Jess held her hands up.

"I can do what I want!"

"Pat, it's 3:38 AM. Are you dying?"

"...no."

"Is Jess dying?"

"No."

"Is anyone you know dying?"

"No! Shut up and listen!" She pointed her finger towards her camera and moved around slightly, looking for something. A second later, she held up a pregnancy test. A positive pregnancy test. My mouth gaped open wide and she screamed.

"Christ, Pat. It's so early! No screaming!"

"That's all you have to say?" She whined. I gave up my act and smiled all big and wide.

"Congrats, baby sis. You guys deserve it," I say. Her and Jess kiss lightly before turning back to me. "Let me go wake Bea up."

"No, let her get some sleep," Pat whined. I raised my eyebrows.

"So she can sleep, but I can't? Wow. Besides, she needs to wake up early today anyway," I teased. Of course, she didn't need to be up this early, but she'd want to hear the big news now instead of later. I pushed the door open and turned her lamp on before trying to wake her up.

"Aw, how cute are you big bro? Adorable!" Pat laughed.

"Shut up. C'mon, Bea. Wake up. Pat's making fun of me," I tucked her knotted hair behind her ear and tapped her cheek.

"I'm up," she groaned. It took her a solid three minutes to get her eyes completely open. "Who is it?"

"It's me!" Pat squealed from the phone. I moved to the bathroom to relieve myself and when I came back out, Beatrice's head was back on the pillow and the phone was by her side.

"How'd it go?" I whisper as I shut the door.

"Good," she mumbled. "I'm so excited for her. They deserve it," she mumbled. I crawled back into bed and pulled her towards me.

"Do you remember what today is?" I asked. It takes her a second, but she whirls around to face me with wide, very awake eyes.

"I'm learning how to ride your bike," she grinned.

"It's not this early, so don't get too excited," I said as I kissed her cheek. She snuggled into me and grinned.

"Today's going to be a good day."