Chapter 28

Hello all! Nearing the end! Long chapter ahead :)

********

"That was amazing!"

Beatrice hadn't stopped raving about the gallery the whole car ride—not that my ego was complaining. Not at all.

"I'm glad you liked it, baby," I grinned. We were driving to a seafood restaurant that came highly recommended from Pres. Beatrice also wouldn't hold my hand because she was too busy using it to describe how amazing it was. I settled for her soft thigh instead.

"I'm going to call my dad to thank him. Is that okay?" She fiddled with her hands.

"Of course."

"I just want to thank him," Beatrice said while digging into her purse for her phone. My heart filled with even more respect for her. She'd thanked Mr. Miller more than enough on our way out and hadn't stopped thanking me since. Now she wanted to thank her father for simply sending me a picture.

"Hello?" Her dad came up on video chat next to me.

"Hey, dad! Noah told me what you did," she said excitedly. I turn my head slightly towards her.

"Noah?" He asked. She widened her eyes and looked over at me sheepishly. 'It's fine,' I mouthed. She relaxed and turned back to her phone.

"Oh, you mean Sniper. What did I do?"

"You sent him that picture of me for our date," she laughed.

"And you're calling me in the middle of your date to tell me that?"

"You should have seen her reaction!" I said from my seat. She laughed, told her dad how amazing the date was, and hung up shortly before we reached the restaurant.

"Oh! I know this place," she said and finally reached for my hand. I squeezed hers and pulled into a tight parking spot.

"How do you know this place?"

"Maya never stops talking about it," she smiled. After I'd opened her door for her, I rushed to get the box out of the trunk and walked to her side, where I offered her my arm again. She took it with a smile. "Do we have a reservation?"

"Yep."

"Good. This place is packed!" She pointed out as we walked up the steps, passed all the waiting people. I held her hand tightly as the man showed us our table near the back. It was the most private I could get. I pulled out her chair for her and waited until she sat down to take my own seat.

"Let's eat first," I said. Beatrice was eyeing the box on the table next to me and squinted at me in frustration.

"What's good here? According to Maya, it's everything," Beatrice scanned the menu.

"My favorite is the grilled salmon. It comes with the best sauce I've ever had," I suggested. Her eyes lit up, and she placed down her menu. The waiter came by a minute later. "Two of the grilled salmon."

"And for your sides?"

"I'll take the baked potato and soup. Beef and broccoli, if you have it," I murmured.

"And for you, ma'am?"

"I'll have the vegetables and French onion soup as well, please," Beatrice folded her menu and handed it to the man. He promised the food would be out shortly as he walked away.