CHAPTER VII

Izuku claimed his notebook from you as you two continued your walk. He guides you further in the street where a sweet, alluring scent caught your nose. It made your stomach grumble once again and you can't wait to eat this 'dango' he was talking about.

     The both of you stops on a certain booth as Izuku began ordering your food. You watch as the cook prepare skewered balls made from various rice flour and topped with sweet soy sauce. It looks so appetizing that even your tail began to impatiently sway behind you.

     "Here! Try it!" Izuku hands you the stick with bigger pieces. You first examined its appearance up close before taking a huge bite. It tastes sweet, savory and more than what you expected. It delighted your tounge and you craved for more.

     "How was it?" Izuku asked. You gave him a nod while you nibble on the remaining bits on the stick. He smiled from your reaction as he began to eat his own food. You, on the other hand, is finished with yours. Your stick was clean and you already tossed it in the trash.

     "Can I have more?" You asked him as politely as you can. Izuku agreed to your request and he paid the vendor to make some more. You noticed how the money he brought out was thrice as much as he gave the vendor earlier. You don't have any idea with how money works here so you didn't pay it any mind.

     "Here!" Izuku hands you a bag full of various rice dumplings and mochis. It was more than what you asked for. "Are you sure you want to give me all of this?" You asked him and he gave you a nod. "Yeah! I don't think one stick is enough to fill you up so I bought more."

     "Is there anything I can do to repay you?" You tried to ask once again but Izuku shook his head a no. He pats your shoulder and looked at you reassuringly. "You don't have to worry about it, (L/n)-san!"

     Somehow, his kind gesture towards you felt warm inside. You can't remember the last time someone treated you as nice as he did. Your entire batch despises you after all so you didn't bother wondering why. Though, It was nice that you met someone like Izuku, a great friend.

     "Thanks, Izuku!" You flashed him a cheerful smile and he returned it to you. "Like I said, you don't have to worry about it!" Izuku was about to take another bite from his dango when he suddenly got drawn into the sincere look you gave him. His hands froze as he gazed back at you.

     "No, really. Thank you!" You repeat. Izuku didn't respond so you decided to continue what you needed to say. "As you can see, I went through a lot and I suddenly got thrown here. I don't know where I'm supposed to go nor what I'm supposed to do." You showed him your mud stained uniform.

     For a moment, He was still confused with what you're trying to point out. He opened his mouth to ask you but you stop him with your voice. "I needed help and I'm glad you showed up! You're like my hero!"

     Izuku looked at you with surprise. His body was still frozen as he takes in the words you said to him. "L/n-san..." He trailed off as you notice the tears beginning to form and cloud his eyes. "W-wait! Why are you crying? Did I say something bad?"

     Izuku covered his eyes and sobbed on the sleeve of his uniform. "N-no! Not at all! What you said meant a lot to me!" He cried as he wipes his tears away. The smile on his face returned and reflected how your words moved his heart.

     It made you feel happy that you were able to repay him in such way. With the benevolence he showed you, you have no doubts that he'll become a great hero one day. "Thanks, L/n-san!" Izuku's eyes were still red and puffy but he still manage to flash you a smile.

     You notice his gaze shifting from you to something from behind. Izuku was shocked with whatever he saw. You turned around and realized he was looking at a giant clock attached on a wall.