CHAPTER XI

As people start to gather more around the infamous pro hero, you rushed to reach the end of the alleyway. You could feel the sludge splatter beneath your shoes as you ran. It was awfully disgusting to be clustered in between brick walls covered in smelly green slime. It's a good thing the policemen and a few pro heroes immediately began to clean the mess up.

     "Never do that again, kid! You could've died!" You heard angry yells as you arrived at the main road. Seated there was Izuku with his shoulder slumped and a face filled with red from embarrassment. A few heroes towered above him as they endlessly blabber about what he did wrong and what he should never do next time.

     To be honest, you're quite annoyed and irritated by the fact that he was being scolded for doing good. Izuku was the only one among the crowd to take action and save his friend. Yet, they failed to acknowledge his courage. Is it because he was 'quirkless' as he said he was? Will it make a difference if he's the same as everyone? You just sighed at the thought.

     At the corner of your eye, you saw a glimpse of the ash blonde sitting farther away from where you stand. He had that usual scowl on his face as he stares down on the pavement he's sitting on. The sight of him gave you s little urge to approach the boy and maybe give him a slight bit of your sympathy. After all, anybody would be traumatized after being attempted to be swallowed whole by a mass of liquid. You still resent him for what he did to Izuku but that kindness in your heart persuaded you to come and talk to him.

     "Hey? How are you?" You softly stated as you walk to him. "Don't talk to me."

     "I just wanna know if you're okay." You received a glare from his crimson eyes followed by an irritated click of his tongue. "I don't need your pity dammit." He snapped and looked away. "Leave me alone or i'll kill you."

     "Can't you be nice? Just for once?" You guess being kind to the wrong people can be a bad idea. And, it seems like you just placed yourself into a similar situation. You expected a wholesome moment and a possible friendship to blossom from your conversation once you start to talk to him. Instead, you ended up starting a senseless argurment with the blondie as the both of you blabber nonsense insults with one another.

     Soon enough, the bickering came to a stop. You decided to leave him be and go to Izuku but when you looked back at the spot you last seen him. He was gone. . . Once again. You were already feeling agitated from your talk with Katsuki and now you've lost Izuku for the third time. You smacked your cheeks vigorously, annoyed at yourself. "I should've just kept an eye on him."

     Katsuki stood up and slung his bag on his shoulder. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and walked away to what you assume is his way home. It took you sometime to stand there and watch his figure grow smaller as the distance between you widens. It may be embarrassing but you have to cling on to every possible hope you can get.

• ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ •

     "Why the hell are you following me?!" The ash blonde turnes his head behind him and snapped at you. You stopped at your tracks from his sudden outburst. "I'm not. I'm just taking the same path as you."

     "You've been tailing me for too long you idiot. You're obviously lying." He states as he faces you. He pulled his hand out of his pocket and you saw his palms light up from the explosions his hand produces. "If you keep bugging me, i'll kill you."

     You sighed at his temper. With all the events that happened today, you were already too tired to even fight someone anymore nor do you even need to do so. "I'll leave you alone if you tell me where Izuku lives." You plainly stated. He gave you a confused look and scoffs at your statement.