CHAPTER IX

As you hurriedly open the doors to each room you pass by, your hasty movements echoed down the hallway and were followed by thudding slams. To find your green-haired friend, you made an effort to examine the rooms on the lower floors and other areas of the building. But to no avail; not a trace of him can be found anywhere.

     You sprinted outside and searched the vast schoolyard. You explored the campus's hidden corners, the school's back, and the entire building complex.

     As you tried to catch your breath, you could sense the increasing pain in your legs as well as the weight on your chest. Izuku is absolutely nowhere to be found.

     Even so, it wasn't enough to convince you to give up. He is the only beacon of hope you have right now. You'll be left to your own devices to analyze all of these phenomena if you lose him. Izuku is the one you can trust, and you don't think anyone else will be able to aid you as much as he will.

     You were frightened only by the idea of what losing him may mean. Your heart started to beat so quickly that you could hear it beating. Your feet just jerkily moved, like they had a consciousness of their own, and carried you away from that location.

     You don't even know where you were going. Too many terrifying ideas flooded your mind, overwhelming you. This emotion it brought caused you to run away and just find your friend. regardless of where it leads you.

     Your legs eventually gave out, and you halted. When you looked up, you noticed you had entered a busy section of the city with a large intersection in the middle. Numerous cars were driving past, and individuals were using specific lanes of the road to cross the street. You had considerably more difficulty locating Izuku because of how many people were moving about the area.

     Despite having sore feet and legs, you continued to search for your green-haired friend. These are the times when you wish you were just a little bit taller. If you didn't have to tip your toes only to view from a crowd of people, life would be easier right now.

     Fortunately, despite your struggle to see through the crowds of people, you managed to spot a familiar group of boys.  They were moving away from you and heading on the opposite side of the street.

     In all honesty, you didn't want to see them again after what had happened, but you were more desperate to find Izuku. So, despite your conflict with that particular group, you gathered the confidence to approach them and ask as to where your friend may have gone.

     You heard a tremendous, ear-splitting noise coming from a big car that was approaching you at a fast speed as you rushed to the opposite side of the road. Fortunately, you were able to jump out of the way as the car suddenly stopped in front of you.

     The car's driver lowered the door window and exposed his disgruntled expression.  "Are you trying to get yourself killed?! Watch where you're going, moron!" He hissed at you before he drove off.

     You momentarily stood there in disbelief at what had just happened. After some time of pondering about the situation, your current goal clicked into focus. "Ah, that's right-!" you said as you turned to face where you had last seen the group.

     The trio had left the area and were no longer visible there or elsewhere. You continued, despite having doubts about it in the back of your mind, "They must still be nearby."

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

     A few hours have passed by and you were back to zero once again. You've been plodding around the sidewalks like a zombie for ages. Your legs seem to have merely gone numb from all the running you did earlier; you can't even feel the ache in them anymore.