CHAPTER IV

A/N: This chapter is hella long! Idk but it's long for me... usually I publish chapters when they've reached 1K-2K words. I still hope it's not boring to read despite how long it is :')) How are you liking the story so far? Just comment me your opinions or your tips on how I can improve my writing skills! I apologize if Katsuki is still not a part of this chapter :')) He'll show up soon.

     Fallen leaves and twigs crunched beneath you with each step. You stopped for a moment and relied on a tree trunk to support you. You are grasping for air as you felt your legs ache from the distance you've walked. You thought a short rest would be enough before you can continue.

     "Damn! This is tiring!" You said in between your panting. As you finally managed to catch your breath, your (e/c) eyes wandered around the area. Tall trees towered above you, their dark leaves blocked the sun from ever reaching the ground.

     Everything is hidden in the shadows. The bushes, the trees, the birds and the flowers, all of them gave a creepy vibe. You can't even see clearly from how dark it is. Only a small amount of light can enter this frightening woodlands and the cold breeze made your anxiety rise.

     You sat on one of the tree's roots and rested your back against its trunk. You want to give your legs a short break before continuing your journey.

~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ FLASHBACK ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ •

     It's already nighttime. The library is hella quiet since you and the librarian are the only ones left. Each time you flip the page, the sound echoes throughout the room. That's the only thing you can hear besides your own breathing.

     You actually spent the rest of your day searching the huge library. You pulled out books which caught your interest and got them all piled up on your table. You carefully scanned each page of each book for something called "Twilight Orb"

     After a whole day of searching, you found a book about mythical artifacts. The title consists of mage fonts you can't seem to understand.

     It's filled with pictures of strange objects you didn't even know exists. Some are found on the other side of the world while the others are just close by. You prioritize to look at artifacts that aren't that far from the empire. Luckily, you managed to find one. Your heart nearly leaped out of your chest from the excitement. What you just discovered is exactly what you needed.

     "Vespara?" You asked as you tried to familiarize yourself with the name. Its ringing bell yet you can't seem to figure out when you last heard it. You gave up on remembering and focused your attention back on the book.

     There's lots of paragraphs on the page and the little texts are hurting your eyes. You're already tired from searching all day. A silent yawn escaped your lips as you rub the drowsiness away from your eyes. You had to slap yourself on the cheek to wake yourself up even more.

     "The Vespara, also known as the 5th twilight orb, yields the ability of power amelioration. It can immediately enhance the skills and powers of anyone who acquires it." You read in a whisper as a few thoughts and theories came into your mind.

     "Excuse me, the library is about to close!" The librarian's echoing voice snapped you out of your trance. "Oh... alright!" You drowsily stood up from your seat and took the time to stretch your arms out. You start to return the piles of books to the baskets except for the last one.

     "Can I borrow this?" You showed the book to her. The librarian adjusted her glasses and squinted her eyes to see what you are holding clearly. She shook her head and continued to fix her belongings. "No" she simply stated. "Only students from the academy can borrow books like those."