CHAPTER X

While you sat on the bench, your dangling legs rocked back and forth. Often you'll scan the area to your left and right just to see if you could find your friend. Unfortunately, you've been doing that for a while now and it didn't seem to work out for you

"Am I still ever going to find you?" You deeply sighed in dismay as you gathered some energy to stand up from your seat. You paused for a moment to stretch your arms before setting out on yet, another voyage with no apparent destination. Once again on your own, you have no guidance in navigating the city nor what to do at this particular moment.

However, you were also piecing together some plans in your thoughts as you made your way to who knows where. You have several ideas about how to locate Izuku, and there are also some fallback options in case none of these ideas pan out. " I think my tails can help me move through the city faster. Maybe I can ask others nearby. Should I simply do it myself?" You pondered.

You could visually recollect the classic cable move of the Lightborn Ranger. You questioned whether your tails could also move swiftly through the air. Although you couldn't even use them the way you wanted to at the time, your uncertainties were high. "Maybe I should just get in touch with the local authorities?"

Suddenly, you felt the ground underneath you tremble slightly. Your line of thought stopped as you were almost knocked off your feet. Your focus has now been drawn to what recently happened. Everyone nearby seemed to have experienced the same thing as you.

One of them shouted, "Look! Over there!" and pointed. As your eyes followed, massive black clouds of smoke that were ascending from behind tall buildings drew your attention right away.

In the distance, you could also faintly hear explosions emanating from that location. You would experience ground tremors on your feet every time you heard a bang. While some individuals chose to disregard the problem and go about their daily lives, others share your level of worry. You heard a random stranger say, "C'mon! Let's check it out!"

You joined the group that sped up to the incident. You were concerned for your friend as you followed them in motion. Those explosions seemed quite familiar and you fear that those two boys confronting again might have caused this.

As soon as you arrive, you notice a large crowd gathered at an alleyway's entrance. The number of people who came to see was so large that the crowd nearly blocked the roadway. Police officers did all in their power to keep them at a safe distance. Despite the presence of cops, firefighters, and a couple of others you may assume to be professional heroes, none of them can stop the tragedy from its source.

"Omg! That villian has taken a child hostage!"
"The kid's quirk is so strong but he couldn't free himself from the villain."
"Why aren't the heroes doing anything?! The child might die!"

As you made your way through the crowd, you overheard rumors and discussions here and there. It was challenging to assess the situation within the alleyway due to the close spaces between people. You jumped, tip-toed and peeked over the shoulders of those in your front.

You strained your vision to get a better look, "Hey, is that...?" You were in a state of complete disbelief when you saw a familiar pair of teary red eyes. You said, "It's him! The bad guy from before." He was being engulfed by a massive sludge as flames surrounded the area as well.

He cried, trying to escape the slimy fiend, "Get the hell off me!" The liquid creature had a good hold on his form despite his strength. Even if he fired tremendous explosives and pry his limbs, he couldn't escape so easily. As you watched this unfortunate guy get devoured alive by a huge blob, your body simply stopped moving. It's not like you can do anything for him, right? Even the heroes standing on the alleyway's side were unable to approach the criminal.