CHAPTER XII

Alas, you couldn't be any happier reuniting with Izuku again. It was very fortunate of you that you have found him before the sun sets completely. Who knows what kinds of troubles you'll deal with at night? You were just too glad and relieved that you threw your arms around his thin limbs as you buried your face on his chest.

You weren't aware of how much of a blushing mess he was as soon as you embraced him tightly yet you could feel his heart pounding fast so suddenly. You rant about the unfortunate events that happened as you search for him and he tried his best to calm you down. He was stuttering a lot as he struggles to utter his apologies out of his mouth.

Soon enough, your little tantrum came to an end as you let go of the thin boy. He reassured you for the hundredth time and offers to walk with you along the street. Izuku wasn't certain where he's gonna lead you but what's clear to him is that, he needs to stay by your side. It was just a little act of generosity for him. He was happy to be of use to someone after such a hectic day.

"YOUNG MIDORIYA!" The both of you jolted up from the sudden arrival of a familiar buff man. He zoomed in front of your paths from a narrow alleyway and startled the both of you. "Allmight!?" Izuku gasps at the sight of the infamous hero before him. "Yes it is I!" He responded with pride.

"How did you get here so quick?! H-how did you escape the interviewers?" Izuku asks in a panic, still trying to recover from the slight shock he had. You watched as the top hero smiled into his signature grin and flexed his muscles. "It's simple, young man! Because I am Allmibleckckh-" The man didn't get to finish his line when a gush of blood bursts out of his mouth. You and Izuku screams at the sight of his degraded transformation.

It was unbelievable. You froze on your spot as you try to comprehend what just happened. It was difficult to believe that this man was the same man moments ago. 'Is he an impostor?' You thought. Izuku hurriedly used his body to block your sight from seeing the skinny hero any further. He was struggling to utter an explanation or rather an excuse to cover up the accidental reveal.

Allmight assured Izuku that it was okay as he walks closer to you. He was much less charismatic and enthusiastic than when he was in his buff form. It almost seems to you that the "Allmight" everyone knows was just a mask after all. His blue pupils still shown despite how sunken his eyes were and he directed that gaze at you. It took a while for him to re-explain the situation to you just like how he did with Izuku when they had that conversation on top of a building. "Just promise me, young feline, to keep this a secret." Allmight ends his little story telling with a request.

You received a pleading and hopeful look from your green haired friend. This person, despite the drastic change in appearance, is still his favorite hero. You wouldn't dare hurt the person that he admires for after all, he showed you a lot of care when you felt lost in this new environment. "I promise" You simply state and they both sighed in relief as if they held their breath 'till you answered.

"Now then," Allmight trails off. "I went here to talk to you in private about something important." Izuku was a bit surprised and his fave was filled with curiosity with what his hero might want to discuss with him. "Oh... uhm-" He looked at you and you immediately got the idea. "I'll be somewhere over there." You pointed and headed towards thar direction. You found a trash bin with a flat lid so you decided to sit and wait for them to finish.

Then again, it's quite intriguing to know what might be so important to the top hero for him to discuss it with Izuku in private. You couldn't help but eavesdrop as your leonin ears perked up to hear better. It almost felt like your inner demon and angel are arguing on your shoulders. Yet in this case, the demon persuaded you better. You peeked your head a little from behind the wall just enough to see a little of what the two might be doing.

He was thanking Izuku and the boy was denying it. You can't really catch up with their conversation but you were trying to make sense of it. You heard about a mysterious quirk being passed down and whatnot. Izuku muttering his analysis with this strange power was also hard to follow nor was it easy to hear. He seemed confused and lost but Allmight explained it further to him and you got a few questions in your head satisfied as well. To be honest, the more you eavesdrop to this conversation, the more your conscience haunts you.

"When you rushed in to save that boy, I realized something very important to a hero... you inspired me to act" Allmight states, which caught you and Izuku's attention. He continues to tell and compliment your friend for his bravery despite being the quirkless one among the crowd. "There are many stories about great heroes. Their body moved on their own before they even got the chance to think. Its the same for you, was it?"

You saw Izuku nod slightly. He was putting his head down and you could notice the way his form was quivering slightly. "Is he okay?" You worried. Eventually you saw him tightly grip on the fabric of his uniform as he slowly falls down on the ground. He was crying and you could hear him wailing from a distance. For a moment, it seemed to you that he was having a heart attack. You almost had the urge to run after him and help but then, Allmight made his statement. "Young man, you to can be a hero."

Izuku cried even further and you could sense the overflowing joy that filled this boy's heart. You, on the other hand, had felt the same. Excitement and bliss made your heart pound wildly against your chest. You could even hear it beating with your own ears. It was the fact that the hopelessly ambitious boy who dreamnt of the impossible was told by the top hero himself that maybe his dream isn't impossible after all.

It didn't take too long for everything to click in your head. "I get it now." You whispered to yourself as you clasped the crystal resting on your chest

You could not believe how much has occured in one day. You went from trekking an enchanted forest to journeying the city streets of an unknown realm. In just a couple of hours, you already made dozens of discoveries. Heroes? Villains? Quirks? All of them are so new to you.

The events were all too overwhelming to properly sink in your mind and to process entirely. Yet, this passion for adventure sparked a feeling of excitement to overpower all your worries. You are in a world of someone you hoped to become.

You were brought to the land you can venture and explore as much as you like. It is a world where heroes thrive and looked up on by many, just like a Lightborn. "The crystal brought me here for a reason..."

You looked down on the glowing emblem on your palm. The rays of the setting sun shines down on it, making its surface glimmer enticingly. "I can finally be the hero I always want to be... We both can" You smiled as you shift your gaze back to the precious scene unfolding before you. It was an honor being a witness of such an endearing moment.

"This is my chance to finally be who I want to be"

https://pin.it/1HJ2Nj6