CHAPTER III

Today marks the day of the annual graduation ceremony. You woke up feeling nothing but envy towards the other warriors. You're supposed to be with them and receive a medal once you take a step on stage.

     Yet, here you are, infront of the Lion Heart Magic Academy and waiting for a specific someone to show up. You had a frown on your face as you cross your arms and tap your foot against the stone pavement impatiently.

     "Ugh! What's taking him so long?!" You groaned. Students are already leaving the school. It pestered you that the guy you're waiting for hasn't showed up yet.

     You stood on the tip of your toes to increase your height. As a leonin, you got the trait to have a small body and you struggled with it sometimes. Leonins like you also have the ability to morph into smaller creatures which is probably almost as big as a regular cat.

     Finally, you spot a shorty with his signature top hat. He's walking together with a girl in black and purple clothing. It brightened your mood to see them. You quickly squeezed through the crowd to reach them. "Harley! Lylia!" You called and they stopped walking to face you.

     "(Y/N)?" He tried to confirm if it was really you coming from the distance. "(Y/N)!" Lylia sings and tackles you a hug. Her half purple half black ponytails bouncing as she hopped towards you. "Hey! It's nice to see you." You returned the hug for a moment and the both of you let go.

     "What are you doing here?" Harley asks. He crossed his arms and it gave you the hint he isn't very pleased to see you. "I need your help." You replied. He raised one of his brows and eyed you questioningly. His emerald pupils never fail to tense you up. He's so serious all the time.

     Lylia broke the eye contact by coming in between you and Harley. "I'm not available today, sadly. I still have extra classes with Ms. Eudora in an hour so I have to hurry." She starts to ruffle the (h/c) locks between your leonin ears. "It's fine~!" You purred at the feeling of her hand gently stroking your head. It felt good and relaxing at the same time.

     "Bye!" She waves goodbye at the both of you before dashing away. You watched her back grow little 'till she disappeared from your sight.

     "So" You heard Harley clear his throat and your attention was driven back to him in an instant. "What help do you need exactly?" His arms are still crossed and his face never showed signs of positivity. "I need your help to research about something... please?" You clasped your hands together and hoped he'd say 'yes'.

     "No." He simply answered with a nonchalant look. Your ears drooped at his response as you watch him begin to walk away. "C'mon Harley! Just a little bit of your time!" You followed him and you heard him snicker. "Time is gold, (Y/N). I won't waste it over something unimportant!"

     You huffed and stopped on your tracks. He continues to walk away without bothering to check back on you. "I'm pretty sure this is important." You pulled out the necklace from your pocket.

     Harley turns around to take a look. His eyes widen once he caught sight of what you're holding. The jewelry dangles from your fingers as the lunar pendant swings side to side like a hypnosis clock. "I want to know everything about this."

     Without further ado, the mage genius rushed back to you. He swiftly held both of your hands, covering the necklace in the process. "Where did you get this?!" He shouted in a whisper as he looked around if anyone saw the jewelry.

     "From my last adventure, of course!" You're proud as you stated your reply. You knew Harley loves treasures, relics and any mythical objects that might have magical abilities. With the reaction he gave, you're now certain he has an idea of what you have.