twelve

anna's pov:

i was pretty disappointed that eva wouldn't hug me, but to be fair, i wouldn't want to hug myself.

"jerry, do you think eva really forgave me, or do you think she did it cause she had to, or maybe cause she wanted to get me of her back?" i ask my stuffed animal. "i really forgive you anna, i really do," eva says. "eva?" i ask.

"i was walking by, and i heard you talking to..." she says, looking around my room.

"oh, i was talking to jerry, my teddy bear," i say, slightly embarrassed. "don't be embarrassed, it ok," she says.

this girl can read my mind.

"eva, i have to tell you something, i can't keep it in any longer. i like you," i say.

"i like you too," she says, calmly.

"no, i like-like you, i love you,"

"anna, i don't like you that way. we can be friends, but i am straight, and i don't have a crush on you, i'm sorry," she says, walking out.

great! that went amazing!

###

for the next few days, things were awkward. eva and me would avoid each other, well i avoid her, i am way too embarrassed to talk to her. but i don't see her too much. i barely come out of my room, and i told eva she can stop doing work, so she doesn't have step in my room. she understood, cause she doesn't come in to my room anymore.

eva's pov:

"eva, we have to talk," emma says, pulling me into her room, where dev, sab, and karina were. "hey," i say, awkwardly. we are pretty close to each other, i just haven't seen all of them together. "eva, we know you like anna," emma says.

"what, no!" i defend. "we saw you stalking her tiktok and instagram. you smile and blush every time someone brings her up, you can't convince your self that you don't like her," sab says. "what, i'm straight, guys," i say. "rethink that," they say, letting me go.

am i straight? do i like anna? am i hiding my feelings?