Smashing the Glass

Seeing Red. (Tommy Shelby x O/C)

Loosely based around the series with many of the characters making an appearance.

Updates will try to be weekly. I haven't got anything planned so no idea where this is going come along for the ride with me and fall in love with Thomas Shelby.

Victoria Jackson has been friends with the Shelbys since you were at school. She never really had a relationship with her parents, they wanted different things and Victoria being the stubborn lady she is, persisted and got her way.
She was in the same year as John and they were joined at the hip while at school and became like siblings before the war (something Victoria's parents detested). The day the Shelby boys go their letters your heart broke. Victoria was in a constant state of worry for the shelby boys, John in particular. She preyed with Polly every night that the boys would come back safe, when they did return the softness and innocence that lingered in their eyes was gone. Replaced with looks of shock and well the look of living in pure hell. She knew what the boys were doing out there but John tried to tell her it was too much to bare.

(Victoria's P.O.V)
I was currently sitting in the Garrison after taking a break working behind the bar. I didn't mind working at the Garrison after all I got to see the boys every day.
"Tori, tor. Victoria!" I was brought from my day dream at the sound of John shouting my name from the door. I looked over in his direction and noticed Arthur and Tommy accompanying him. While i saw John as my brother I definitely did not see Tommy that way. We butted heads like no other but we had also had a few intense moments when our eyes met and neither of us wanted to look away. No one else knew this, it was our little secret. Oh to be Tommy's girl, right stop that. Tommy was currently seeing the other barmaid Grace. She came from Ireland and well I don't even know how she got the job here to start with but that's in the past.
"What d'you want John? Can't you see I'm busy here." I lifted my almost empty glass, that did have whiskey in it, and smirked at him. He smirked at me and made his way to sit next to me while Tommy and Arthur smile in my direction and head straight for the back room.
"How about you get of that pretty little ass of yours and bring us all a drink. Grace too, she'll be joining Tommy in a few"  his playfully tapped me on the head like you would a dog, he then scraped the chair legs along the wooden floor and followed his brothers into the back room. I got up grabbed four glasses and the shelbys prefered brand of Whisky and made my way to the back room. I was sort of jealous of Grace sitting there next to Tommy, his had on the thigh and and a smile just for her. What I would give for that.
"Here you are lads and lass! Anything else I can grab for ya?" I clonk then bottle down followed by the four glasses.
Only brought one bottle Vicky how long do you think that will fucking last." Arthur always made me smile. He was definitely the older brother I always wanted, I stuck my tongue out at him with got a smirk from him and I grabbed a second bottle from out back.
"Thanks Victoria, that will be all. If anyone other than family asks we're not here. You haven't seen us all day. Got it." Tommy looked at me with a stern look on his face. Shit, don't stair to too long. I nodded my head and quickly exited the room. But not without hearing John talk to Tommy...
"Tommy why can't she stay, she's like family" but Tommy didn't answer and waited for me to leave the room.

[Few hours later]
John and Arthur appear from the back room looking rather frustrated. They said a quick goodbye and headed on their way. I took this as my note to collect the empties from the back room, you knew Grace wouldn't do it when she was with Tommy.
You opened the door, forgetting to knock only to be shocked and frozen to the spot to see Tommy lean in and kiss Grace, his had on neck and their eyes closed. You quickly exit the room forgetting the empties and knock straight into Harry who was carrying a tray of freshly cleaned glasses. The smash seemed to echo throughout the Garrison. Oh shit.
"Harry oh I'm so sorry. Here let me clean it. Oh it's my fault I wasn't paying attention. John always tells me I should may more attention to where I'm going" I got so flusted that I hadn't noticed Tommy now standing behind me as I tried to pick up the broken glass by hand.
"Ah shit. Fuck" I cut my hand on the glass but didnt stop to clean the blood, that was until.
"Victoria stop. You'll hurt yourself, stand up and I'll have Grace get the broom." When I didn't move instantly Tommy grabbed by wrist and pulled me to a standing position.
"I said that's enough" he told me in a forceful tone. He looked at the few cuts on my hand and requested some whiskey to clean them with. This was going to hurt.
"Tommy no they are fine really..Ah shit" Tommy tipped some whiskey on my cuts and fuck it stung. He patted it dry with a cloth and looked closer at the cuts. The whole while my hand was in his.
"Tommy I really need to clean this up, I crashed into Harry so I need to clean it up. Tommy please let go..." He slowly let go of my hand and I took the broom from Grace and finished cleaning the glass. I had a small tear in my eye remembering what I saw in the back room and knowing that it would never be me. It would never be Victoria and Tommy or even Tommy and Victoria. He didn't see me that way...

(Hope you enjoyed my first part. Open to opinion for where to take this story and please let me know if you spot any errors.
I'll see you round
Katie x)