half a bottle

(Victoria’s P.O.V)
I opened the door to the Garrison and there stood Harry making sure all the spirits were filled and all the glasses were washed. I didn’t know he did those sorts of things, I thought he would have asked me or Grace to do it.
“Hey Harry what you doing there? Surely that isn’t your job?” He turned to look at me and smiles.
“No love, I had asked Grace to get it done but she never showed last night, think she was out with Tommy at the races or something. Never mind aye, at least it is done.” You have got to be fucking kidding me. Miss Princess Grace gets away with not showing for work and I get hounded for fucking a man. Jesus! I nodded my head, walked around the bar and pour myself a few fingers of Whiskey and slumped at the bar. I so wanted to today to be over with.
(No One’s P.O.V)
Victoria nursed her whiskey for a while staring at the amber liquid thinking over the events that has occurred over the last few weeks. She sometimes wished the war never happened and that the Shelby boys never left for war and were still the same lovable men she knew. This thought consumed Victoria until the Garrison opened for the evening.
The pub quickly filled up with regulars and she even said hello to Polly and Ada as they made their way to the back room after picking up their drinks.
“How’s my favourite girl doing after her little telling off this afternoon?” Arthur strolled in with John by his side, Victoria gave a
small smile and motioned to the partially empty bottle of Whiskey she had obtained earlier in the day. John looked over and saw some of the missing liquor in a glass near Victoria’s hand. He stepped forward, picked up the glass and downed it.
“Now no more until after your shift tor, can’t have you pissed off your face when tommy gets here.” John smirked at Victoria and raised an eyebrow. He just downed his almost sisters drink in front of the entire Garrison. Just as Victoria was about to retaliate the door bursts open and in walked the devil himself Tommy Shelby. Great.
(Victoria's P.O.V)
Great, he is walking over here. Don't freeze Vicky don't freeze. I was muttering to myself when Tommy stopped at the bar in front of me.
"Whiskey Victoria." He eyed the bottle next to me but didn't say anything. He knew it was mine and he also knew the glass left on the bar was mine also.
"How was the races yesterday? I heard you took...Grace with you" I asked Tommy trying to make conversation with him while I poured his whiskey. He looked at me confused.
"I never went to the races yesterday I was in a meeting. Don't know who told you that." What? But Harry said. I'll have to double check with him later. I passed Tommy his whiskey and clonked the bottle next to it. I knew the boys would finish it off in the next few hours.
"On the house Mr Shelby" I smirked, to which he returned the smirk and beckoned John and Arthur to follow him.
The night was fairly quiet after that, a few punters tried it on as usual; but I soon put them in their place. The bottle of whiskey I had been slowly drinking was roughly half-way done and boy did I know it. I shut the doors to the Garrison after the last person left. The Shelby clan still sat in the back room not making a sound. I went to the door of the back room and knocked before opening the door.
"Just thought you should know its 1am and everyone else had left. Anything else I can grab you lot before I start cleaning up?" I asked politely to the group but really I was talking to Tommy.
"You're alright Victoria we are just finishing up. Right then remember the races are in a few days and..." Tommy dismissed me like his maid and carried on talking to his family. I knew they had a few fingers in a few dodgy pies but I tried to keep myself out of that. I walked round the pub picking up any empty glasses and pushing in a few chairs. I gave each table a light wipe over and placed all the bottles back on the shelves, except for the one I was drinking of course. I stacked the glasses to be washed in the morning and headed back to the bar. I learned on the bar and pulled my hair down from the Bun that was on top of my head. I know the fashion was to have it short, but I really didn't like that look on me. I undid the top button on my dress and opened the bottle of Whiskey. The time for a glass was officially over. I quietly sipped the liquid, which slightly burned my throat but was not unpleasant. I again looked at the door where the Shelby clan were still talking. Finishing up my fucking ass I smirked.
Then suddenly Polly emerged from the back room looking somewhat unimpressed. I wonder what Tommy had done now.
"You alright there Pol, you look a bit pissed" I cautiously inquired. She looked at me in my state of sort of undress, relaxed shall we say, and came and stood in front of me.
"A lady like you shouldn't be seen in a manner such as this. Drinking from the bottle with your hair in a state and dress undone. They will think you're a whore." Polly didn't seem to want to discuss the reasoning for her past expression so I let it slip.
"Pol I'm not really in the mood today, I just want it to be over. I heard Grace lied about being at the races yesterday with Tommy. She never turned up for work. Had Harry washing the glasses. What does Tommy see in her?" I continued my ramblings not hearing the back room door open and more Shelbys leaving the Garrison.
"He clearly sees more in her than me. He only sees me as his brothers friend now. Oh and a whore. He also thinks that of me, much like you do. Ah shit forget it Pol it's probably the whiskey talking. It will never be me and him Pol, never. I wiped a stray tear from my eye and gulped a mouthful of Whisky. Polly looked at me with something in her eye I'd not seen before. Worry.
"Don't worry about it little Vic, you'll sort it out and as for Grace, I'll be keeping an eye on her. Tommy has a lot on his mind right now, give him a break will you. I best be off. Don't be out too late." She followed the other Shelby's out of the pub and I was left alone with this bottle of Whiskey.
I continued to drink the whisky so much so I was not sat on the bar dangling my legs over the edge, my dress has come up a little to just below my knees, for some that was considered scandalous. I had to laugh to myself and eventually stood up on the bar and began walking along it. It was only then that the back door opened again and a voice went...
"Be careful up their Victoria I can't have you falling in my pub now can I." Tommy's voice cut through the silence of the night making me jump and drop the almost empty bottle of Whiskey on the floor.
"Fucking hell Tommy I almost fell. And look you made me drop my only friend on the floor and now he's broken into lost of tiny pieces. How could you?" The drink must have gotten to me more than I thought. I sat myself back down on the bar and felt tears slipping from my eyes.
"Tommy what did I do wrong?" I looked up sheepishly at him. He how stood in front of me looking down into my eyes. This was going to be another moment.
"What do you mean Victoria? You haven't done anything wrong. Things just happen and people grow apart", I could not believe what Tommy was saying, we were so close before the war, he was even my first kiss and now this. I looked up at him through the tears that were in my eyes.
"Yeah Tommy, people grow apart but not us, fuck Tommy you were my first. We were as close and then the war happened and then I thought you were dead, and I didn't know if you were coming back. I cried almost every night you know Tommy. Ask Polly and fucking ask John. I told him almost everything. He is like my brother; Arthur is like my brother. You Tommy you're" I stopped as I suddenly felt nauseated. I got up from the bar, pushed passed Tommy and ran out the front doors of the Garrison. The cold air hit my face like a load of bricks and then it happened. I puked all over the floor and all over the front of my dress. Great. Tommy came outside to see if I was okay, he grabbed a cloth from inside the Garrison and wiped it over my mouth. I looked sheepishly up at Tommy and he did not say a word just returned the smile, locked up the pub and walked me home, all the while holding my hand.