~A welcome to the city

Scene 3 | | The way to the capital :

Far away from home

Jenesis Hammaz sat in the Justice building on the velvet couch. The room was the richest thing she has ever seen. Her face was dull as she took in her reality. She was a tribute in the games. From here on she would become a stepping stool to someone else's victory. She would most likely be a face in the sky, a tribute. Seems like she won't be showing off this hairstyle to her district for the next week. In a week, she'll either be dead, or counting her days while doing capital activities. She couldn't bear the thought of her sister being here right now.

So in a way, she doesn't regret it.

Cinthia, Vincent, she won't ever see those people again would she? They would be forced to watch her death live on Tv as her name perishes like the other tributes. Watching as her dead body gets clawed out of the arena like she's nothing but a object that's taking up space. She wanted to throw up, but she didn't. She didn't even have anything to fiddle with on her.

Her hair was tied into a neat bun, and the excess pieces coming out weren't long enough to grip. Her almost skin tight white dress had no loose parts beside the ruffles on her arms. So she shook her arms at her side in attempt to calm her rising anxiety. Almost immediately, Cinthia and Jasmine had broke through the door of her room. Frantic to touch her as tears streamed down Jasmines face, Cinthias eyes dazed and tearing up. Nothing like the expression she had when Jenesis looked for her comfort on stage.

" My sister couldn't bear to come so it's just me. Look Jen-" Cinthia started too frantic.

Jenesis nodded her head as she managed to hear some of the fast talking that Cinthia got out. Her palms were shaking as Jasmine ran in front of her, almost knocking her over with the amount of force as she wrapped her arms around her waist. As much as Jenesis wanted to fall to her knees and deeply embrace her sister, in the corner of her eye she could see Cinthia making way to her as well. So she stood standing.

Her sisters whimpers could be heard, as Cinthias weight was suddenly placed onto her side as well. She rubbed Jasmines back as Cinthia rubbed her own, all providing comfort. But they had a time limit to all of this.

" Look Jen, you can do this. In the academy they tell us you have to get the capital to like you! Make them love you! Okay?" Cinthia started frantically as the tears begin to well up in her eyes.

The strong Cinthia she was looking at on stage was long gone. The sweet and excited Cinthia she was getting ready with was replaced with a traumatized and stressed face. The confident Cinthia that respectfully knows she good, is now breaking down in front of her. All because she is worrying about Jenesis. Even in Jenesis's final moments in district four, she's worrying about someone else that's not herself.