~ Iconic Moments

For the love of God, can ya'll comment who's here😭😭

Scene 15 | | The drop of conscious, sympathy, fear, guilt, anger, and bravery.

When her mental health takes the worst fall.

Jenesis and Imani watched quietly as the thick animal cooked over the small fire. The leafs of seasoning that they had gathered was now pointless. It was long gone the moment the logs started popping up. They would be eating this animal with no flavor, and no Trey. The events of now and Treys death were in the same day. It was still Day, damn Five of the arena, and the sky hasn't really changed color. It wasn't even three hours ago when Treyvon and the log situation happened. Imani had managed to sustain the tight grip she had on the animal unconsciously, while running. Because of that, they still have this animal to eat.

Imani and Jenesis have been quite quiet for the past couple hours. Silently grieving as they watched the small flames of the cooking animal, burn the meat. Jenesis squinted her eyes at the flickers of fire, feeling a empty feeling digging deeper in her chest. Or perhaps from her stomach from both hunger and hurt. Either way, the pit she had in her chest from killing innocent children, has opened to something more. Something she couldn't really describe.

Jenesis was so caught up in her own emotions and thoughts, that she hadn't even realize Imani had thrown her head into her palms. She was finally breaking down, and the sight had stopped Jenesis's daydreaming.

Jenesis quickly closed up the minuscular space between them, her hands outstretched to comfort Imani.
" Hey, hey, hey - Imani..." Jenesis sighed while rubbing her back. Green eyes wandered around their camp out, suddenly feeling her eyes get hot.

" It's all my fault!" She cried out with shaky hands.

Jenesis's brows knitted together, sucking in a deep breath. " No. no it's not. Trey knew what would happen if-" Jenesis tried to convince her. But in reality, she herself didn't even know how to defend against Imanis words. After all, if she didn't step on the pressure plate, the traps wouldn't have been activated. But how can she convince her around that?!

     " Exactly!" She exclaimed making hand motions.

Jenesis found the hole in her chest becoming bigger, her eyes watering as she removed her hands off of Imani.

    " If I never stepped on it, he wouldn't have had to pick or sacrifice anything. I'm supposed to be dead! I know, you know it." The idea of yelling like how they were now, in the arena, was worrying. Imani's voice was harsh and fairly loud. Her pent up frustration, sadness, and anger was releasing. Anyone could possibly hear them, and Jenesis couldn't resist the urge to turn her head around.