~ Final Touch

READ THIS CHAPTER AGAIN BUT WITH THE MUSIC!!!!

Scene 19 | | THE FINALE : 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞, 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐜 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠.

I don't and won't dirty my hands, yet I feel like I always have to clean them.
~Jenesis Hammaz

Sitting in a room on a L shaped chair, Haymitch Abernathy and Mags Flagan stared at the TV intensely. A whiskey in one hand, and his cheeks rosy from his alcohol consumption in the last 48 hours. Haymitch couldn't help the way his head shook in disappointment. It was day 10 of the arena, and from what the middle aged man had heard from the bee hive of Capital Citizens', something was being cooked up. The sour liquid fell into his cup for another refill, and for a moment, Abernathy thought of his alcohol consumption— something in his mind telling him to drop the thick glass. But when he saw a familiar flashback, one he got this time around every year, the beverage poured faster into his cup. Filling it faster then he had thought.

Sitting back against the cushion, he felt his Jody relax as the sweet Capital alcohol burned his throat. A sour look came on his face as he furrowed his eyebrows at the TV projector.

" That boy left for no reason." Haymitch laughed ignorantly.

Mags brows furrowed in disapproval at Haymitche's words, her old hand raising and landing on his thigh. The light slap made the man shrug his shoulders, his face impassive as he continued to sip.

" What?— it's true anyways." He brushed off in a dismissive tone.

Mags gave Haymitch a knowing look. Her head  leaning to the side, but her eyes remaining right on him.

" Fine," Haymitch mumbled with a exaggerated eye roll. " But she's still alive, no?"

Mags frowned at his words. Coming to the conclusion that it was his alcohol finally kicking in.

" She's fine." Haymitch nodded his head at the projector displaying Jenesis. " She's a smart girl— a very smart girl." He told Mags, his words starting to sound more slurred.

" She'll be a Victor in no time."

Haymitch needs to watch his words.

" Like that's a real good thing."
A new voice joined the conversation. The voice sounded distressed, very different from the person who owned that voice.

Haymitch threw his head back in laughter. A smile coming onto his face from the new persons arrival. " Ha! My boy Fishnick!"