~ The tributes are the mutts

Warning: mention of blood gore, very descriptive death writing.

A reminder of our MCs face

Scene 13 | |   A realization that Time, has been the source keeping them from life and death

When the alliance sees the true darkness of their games.

Even in the early morning, the sound of a cannon was what truly knocked the alliance back to their senses. The eerie ring of another child's death was what forced them to get to moving. The bright light that fell from the sky radiated on the darker foliage of the arena. Despite the arena this year being very dark no mater what the tributes did to lighten the place, they found their eyes adjusting to the dimness of their surroundings. A gulp of water was all they needed to truly wake their bodies up. They moved the rest of the way at a fairly fast pace, chewing on jerky to make up for their lack of eating last night.

" Who's cannon do you think that was?" Trey asked quietly as he sucked on one of his jerky sticks. Jenesis looked a him crazy, they weren't even near small numbers. It was impossible and straight up rude to guess a child's death at this point in the games. " How are we even supposed to guess that?" Jenesis asked with a firmness to her tone. Imani nodded her head at Jenesis, turning to her partner with a frown gracing her face.

" Right. There's no way we can start guessing  now." Imani said dismissively as she squeezed her bags straps. This time, Jenesis was carrying their sleeping bag.

To the cameras and viewers, it seemed like they were uncertain of who died from the various lives left in the arena. But really, it was just purely disrespectful to guess on a life like that. On a kids life in fact. Trey nodded his head sheepishly, almost immediately knowing the truth behind both of his partners words. His question was rude, and he realized it. "Yeah, sorry...." He trailed off as they continued their walk. Jenesis and Imani only nodded in acceptance.

They stepped and jumped over the grass small hills, and inspected anything that looked deadly, useful, or unique in the arena. Anything they came across. Jenesis could feel the much more chilly air than yesterday's. It was just as cold as night, as she could feel the air on her skin. Sinking into her pores as the trees hovered and peered down at her. She knew for sure, the trees in District Seven did not hover like these ones. For sure.

Despite her black wind breaker, it didn't do much for her or her alliance. The sleeping Bags were really what protected them.
But of course, sleeping bags were only at use during the night.

" So The Careers are out there somewhere?" Trey stated as they gathered near a tree. The group had decided to move towards the small cave made of grass and thick dirt. It was small and barely noticeable, but a good place to loot info. Of course, they were aware that the more they moved, the more danger they put themselves in.